How to prove in MBR if the HDD is 5400rpm or 7200rpm?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to ask you guys how can we find out in the MBPs if the hard disk inside is actually 5400rpm or 7200rpm? I have tried to see here About this mac--->More Info... but I could not see anywhere they show 5400rpm or 7200rpm? Any idea would be appreciate.

Thank you

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
Look in your "System Profiler", you can find it using Spotlight or looking for it in the Utilities folder, which is in your Applications folder.

This will give you the model number, which you will then have to find online (probably using Google) to find out what speed that particular model number is.

Then again, someone might have an easier answer. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Gloss, 2.4 GHz C2D, 4GB DDR2, 160 GB @ 7200 HDD, 256 MB 8600M GT
Look in your "System Profiler", you can find it using Spotlight or looking for it in the Utilities folder, which is in your Applications folder.

This will give you the model number, which you will then have to find online (probably using Google) to find out what speed that particular model number is.

Then again, someone might have an easier answer. :)

That's exactly what I did. My MacBook Pro has a Seagate Momentus ST9160823AS Drive in it. Running that model number, it shows a 7200 RPM speed.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you for your fast reply, I did exactly what you said and I found it. Cheers ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9

The box the computer came in. The specs are listed on it. Of course, that only works if you bought the computer new.

-Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.