Anyone know a way around Error code -36?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro
I'm currently transfer a few thousand mp3 files to my new MBP from a Western Digital HD.
When I'm transferring files, every so often I get an error as follows;

The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “fileName.mp3” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)

I realise that this is an issue with the files, which are for some reason corrupt. I'm just wondering is there some way to get the Mac to ignore the corrupt files and just keep transferring the files? Perhaps a script or something to overcome this?
It's really tedious having to restart the transfer every time it hits a corrupt file.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
Have you upgraded to 10.6.3 yet from 10.6.2? It's fixed the error for me, used to get it all the time, even with files that weren't corrupt.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro
Have you upgraded to 10.6.3 yet from 10.6.2? It's fixed the error for me, used to get it all the time, even with files that weren't corrupt.

Ya, the OS is up to date alright, so that doesn't seem to overcome the issue.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.