ichat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 (2015) Intel Core i5 Processor Speed: 3.3 GHz Total Number of Cores: 4 Memory: 12 GB
Hi, anybody have a clue what's wrong with my ichat? I can send files to my friend but he can't accept them? he sends files to me and I can save them? is it mine or his imac that has the problem. Anyway anybody have a clue how to sort this problem out? when my friend spoke to apple they said firstly....(serious) it could be because we (my friend and I live about 260 miles apart) then somebody else he spoke to a supervisor suggested he reformat his computer which he did, he still can't accept files from me but I can still accept files off him? Any ideas?:Confused:

C

chas_m

What network are both of you actually on (iChat doesn't have its own network really).

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 (2015) Intel Core i5 Processor Speed: 3.3 GHz Total Number of Cores: 4 Memory: 12 GB
What network are both of you actually on (iChat doesn't have its own network really).

Do you mean what internet provider we use?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No, What Chas is asking is: are you using AIM? Google Chat? Moblie Me?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, What Chas is asking is: are you using AIM? Google Chat? Moblie Me?

Oh, I am using Gmail ......my server setting is ......... talk Google .com I will check what my mate is using, does it make a difference then?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.