Install issues

Reaction score
Hey all,

When trying to install OS X 10.5, it goes to the apple boot screen with the Apple logo, but the disc keeps spinning.

I've repaired permissions, checked the hardware tester, and nothing comes up as an error...Any ideas on what I can do to re-install OS X 10.5 on my mbp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New iMac 20" Leopard vs. 10.5.7
Maybe it's the disk itself. Check the disk for scratches.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The disc is the full retail install DVD which is a black DL disc, and not a system restore disc from another machine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The disc is the full retail install DVD which is a black DL disc, and not a system restore disc from another machine?

OP
M
Reaction score

Nope its the Apple Macbook Pro install disks that came with my MBP. I was considering installing using my brother's family copy of OS X Leopard. I'll try it now and follow up.

OP
M
Reaction score
I was able to re-install OS X 10.5 with my OS X 10.5 DVD, but my audio doesn't work, and my keyboard functions are not working. Hopefully after installing all updates things will be okay.

OP
M
Reaction score
Everything is cool....question though. Does Apple warranty their install discs? It's clearly an issue with my restoration dvd's but there isn't a scratch on em. My 10.5 disc worked just fine.

Reaction score
Could you tell me if everything went fine when installing from the original OS X Leopard disc as I am having the same issue after purchasing a second user machine (Macbook 2.2 core 2 duo A1181).

I have tried holding down the option key and C but my macbook just goes straight past the DVD and into the OS. Sometimes it will ask if I wish to boot using either OS X 10.4 or 10.5 but will do nothing.

I have scoured the net looking to resolve this issue so any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

OP
M
Reaction score
Could you tell me if everything went fine when installing from the original OS X Leopard disc as I am having the same issue after purchasing a second user machine (Macbook 2.2 core 2 duo A1181).

I have tried holding down the option key and C but my macbook just goes straight past the DVD and into the OS. Sometimes it will ask if I wish to boot using either OS X 10.4 or 10.5 but will do nothing.

I have scoured the net looking to resolve this issue so any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

I dunno what to tell you. The original OS X install discs work fine, but if you have a computer with special requirements (i.e: macbook pro) you will need to install the additional software for the special features such as the keyboard. I called Apple and they sent me a replacement copy of Leopard right away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.