Questions questions!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The new Macbook, 13", 2.4Ghz, 250GB, 2GB RAM
Hellooo everyone! I have some many questions on various things!

I bought my Macbook, not too long ago, just before New Year's and I bought the 2.0GHZ one.

Now I am thinking that I actually need the 2.4GHZ Macbook, just because of space. I am so paranoid that it will run out after storing pictures.

I was meant to get a laptop just for a travel in between thing between home and uni :)
But now I feel quite attached to my Macbook and would like it to be something more than just a travel inbetween thingy. But the Apple guy told me that the 2.0GHZ will work faster if I had an external drive attached to it (but I don't want to keep attaching USBs all the time!).

Does anyone know if apple allow exchanges (+ whatever extra I have to pay?).

2. Is it worth changing it to the faster Macbook?

Also, I am in the dark now and I realised that the illuminating keyboard would have probably helped grrr! I can type in the dark but...hehe.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apple doesn't take trade ins. :) However, you can always sell your 2.0 GHz MacBook and buy the more expensive 2.4 GHz model.

If you're worried about running out of hard drive space, upgrade your hard drive to a larger faster model. You might also want to upgrade the memory to 4 Gb while you're at it.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
*edit* Beat by chscag once again!

I don't think Apple will do an exchange on your MacBook. Your best bet is to try and sell it, and then purchase the one you want :)

You can get more storage by simply upgrading the Harddrive. I have done this on my MacBook Pro, went from 100GB to 500GB!

Having an illuminating keyboard is very nice, but if you have done without before, you can do it again :) It's just a nice feature to have.

However you need to be comfortable with taking apart your Macbook!

It's also not a bad idea to have an external harddrive to store your Photo's on. I personally use a 1TB MyBook for storing my Pictures, and I have used only about 60GB in photos. Close to 25k pictures.

BTW... Welcome to the wonderful world of Mac's!

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for the replies everyone!

JGruber, this is my first laptop so really, it means alot to me HAHA.
Apparently, I can't upgrade the space? I'm such with 180GB space but I can update the harddrive.

Just gave Apple UK a call and they said that they are able to do exchanges within 28 days :)

So I may just change my mind...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well if they do an exchange, I would jump all over that!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
thanks for the replies everyone!

JGruber, this is my first laptop so really, it means alot to me HAHA.
Apparently, I can't upgrade the space? I'm such with 180GB space but I can update the harddrive.

Just gave Apple UK a call and they said that they are able to do exchanges within 28 days :)

So I may just change my mind...

Of course you can upgrade the space! I would do that instead of forking out more for the 2.4Ghz.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Of course you can upgrade the space! I would do that instead of forking out more for the 2.4Ghz.
They told me I couldn't and it was just RAM that I could upgrade. So I'm stuck with 160GB or if I get the other one, 250GB :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes you can... they don't want you to do it yourself, they want you to pay them a crazy amount of money to do it for you.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes you can... they don't want you to do it yourself, they want you to pay them a crazy amount of money to do it for you.
hahaha!

hmmm, i shall give them another call tomorrow and interrogate them!:Shouting:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.