Closed thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
You closed a thread based on mis-information on your part. I hate to tell you that virtual machines have already been tested in our legal system and guess who lost. They and we are allowed to install to anything we want by U.S. law. Microsoft and Apple are no longer responsible for nor do they have to support those machines. But they are legal. The only company that has a contract with microsoft is vmware. You may not like this. I really don't care. But don't call me a criminal just because you have no leg to stand on.

I read the forum rules and did not break any. These companies are completely
legal. I'm personally not going to use them, but thats my choice.

You can ban me now if you want but do so lnowing that you are wrong.

M

MacHeadCase

This is Apple's EULA agreement. Read carefully number 2.

Seems to me you are the misinformed one.

Reaction score
Big deal...... 1000's die each day from starvation and we all wet our pants about Bill gates / Mac not earning another dime. I dont feel any pity for these mutli million $$ companies or they over paid staff.

Yes I buy chinese DVD's and yes I buy if possible copy software...... everyone has to eat...not just the rich

anyone live in the real world??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Please provide some reference for your "guess who lost" statement.

Big deal...... 1000's die each day from starvation and we all wet our pants about Bill gates / Mac not earning another dime. I dont feel any pity for these mutli million $$ companies or they over paid staff.

Yes I buy chinese DVD's and yes I buy if possible copy software...... everyone has to eat...not just the rich

anyone live in the real world??

Yes, we all live in the "real" world. How once chooses to live in it is what counts. What would one "buy" copied software? Does stealing software put food on your table?

OP
W
Reaction score
perhaps it would be easier if you saw it with your own eyes.
http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2005/01/18/PearPC.html

This is OSX on a pc with virtual machine. There are dozens of this type of software. All from legitimate U.S. companies.

I've never seen a site that beleives these EULA's are that binding. I'll admit that I'm new to mac.

Is there actually a reason for this type of response. It seems to be a sore subject. I'm use to open-source and windows sites. I have linux,windows and
solaris. Everybody is aware of the ineffectiveness of EULA's. Programmers disagree for obvious reasons. But you seem to really disagree. Why?
I don't mean to offend you, but seriously. Why?

Any way follow the link and see for yourself. You can also just google OSX virtual machine and really find out.

OP
W
Reaction score
The guess who was microsoft. Sorry that was a little vague. I didn't mean to indicate Apple. They wanted to legally stop vm's but had to join one to get there pecie of the pie. Apple doen't seem to ever take any company to court for this. It's not there style. But I'm sure on trial. LOL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I read the forum rules and did not break any.

Thing is though, this is a private forum so anyone can be banned whether they've comitted the most heinous crime or been ever so slightly annoying.

7 posts in and starting threads like this does you no favours.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you have not figured it out, let me spell it out.

Talking about or posting about any potential illegal activities is frowned upon on this board. Not only is it against the forum rules as previously stated, but we like to keep everything above board here. If you don't like how we do things, there are plenty of other places you can go and do otherwise. This thread will be closed shortly and you will likely be banned. I hope you enjoyed yourself.

Yes, it is perfectly legal for you to run PearPC (I've seen it before BTW), but it still runs counter to Apple's EULA. Again, this boils down to personal Ethics. I'd have to see what the MS EULA says before I make a call on that one.

I'm still waiting for a link to a story where MS lost on the EULA issue.

OP
W
Reaction score
Holy crap baggs. lol. Don't compare me to that London Luke guy. I was just pointing something out. I don't own any pirated software. OMG. That's hilarious.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't see where I compared you to him. I addressed both of you in one post but separately. Your original post in the now closed thread was, at best, a borderline rules violation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
wornout, unfortunately, we chose to follow US law and under that law, at least at this time, the EULA is a valid contract. Therefore by advocating breaking the EULA and asking to do something that is prohibited, you are breaking the forum rules.

OP
W
Reaction score
Why microsoft signed with vmware is pretty well-known. If you want a link type into google microsoft sues or microsoft court. After you get through the first 10,000 links you can search through the next several million. You might also want to read all the court documents in law suits against linux distros,I.B.M, There recent $2billion dollar settlement with solaris. How about there 700-800 million dollar fine by the European Union that they just received. There victims are on sixty minutes. If you want to google that go right ahead.

M

MacHeadCase

Besides I don't see why you're so set into discarding Apple hardware. The Mac Pro offers plenty of upgrade solutions for years to come. Why look at x86? It's not the only route.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why microsoft signed with vmware is pretty well-known. If you want a link type into google microsoft sues or microsoft court. After you get through the first 10,000 links you can search through the next several million. You might also want to read all the court documents in law suits against linux distros,I.B.M, There recent $2billion dollar settlement with solaris. How about there 700-800 million dollar fine by the European Union that they just received. There victims are on sixty minutes. If you want to google that go right ahead.

So your not going to provide anything but "Google it" to back up you claim? NICE!

OP
W
Reaction score
wornout, unfortunately, we chose to follow US law and under that law, at least at this time, the EULA is a valid contract. Therefore by advocating breaking the EULA and asking to do something that is prohibited, you are breaking the forum rules.

Hey I am not advocating it. You keep saying that. I have all but stated that I wish they were a little more tight in the eyes of the law. I have also stated that people will break my copyright protection and there is nothing I can do about it. I personally don't like that but I will not let you call me a criminal just because I know that. And please point out where I say do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Discussion of breaking the law or EULA is not permitted here.

Period.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And please point out where I say do it.

OK,

wornout said:
I just was wondering if you actually beleive EULA's are legal? I'm sure toyota doesn't want me to put a chevy bigblock in a camry but they can't stop me. They aren't actually legal. When you purchase something it is yours. That's why all those sites are still up and running. Thats also why microsoft has never tested so-called infractions of there EULA. The case would lose automatically.

Whether you choose to believe it or not, that statement comes across as you saying it. Your assertion that the EULAs are not legal, with zero to back it up other than "Google it", is tantamount to you advocating breaking them. Remember, perception is 98% of reality.

Maybe you need to go back to those Linux sites, your just digging yourself in deeper.

OP
W
Reaction score
Besides I don't see why you're so set into discarding Apple hardware. The Mac Pro offers plenty of upgrade solutions for years to come. Why look at x86? It's not the only route.

Actually I originally posted that I wanted 8800gtx's for generation 5 game development. I just wanted to know if they were supported.

Some then warned me not hack and pointed out the Eula. I said I would wait for the next mac and pointed out the effectiveness of EULA's and my disappointment with that. Since then I've been called everything but white.
Amazing.

As for the link I've typed in every combination of microsoft loses, sues, court in google. You will get 5million to over 50 million different sites. My links above prove that I have not made criminal statements baggs. So stop trying to indicate it. And if you are really grasping at straws then look it up yourself. But be sure to go through all 50 million.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As for the link I've typed in every combination of microsoft loses, sues, court in google. You will get 5million to over 50 million different sites. My links above prove that I have not made criminal statements baggs. So stop trying to indicate it. And if you are really grasping at straws then look it up yourself. But be sure to go through all 50 million.

Sorry, I'm not the one making statements I can't back up here. Even the staff has indicated that you appear to be advocating illegal activity. Maybe you need to just stop posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.