iCal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB, 4GB RAM 500GB Hardrive
Is it possible to have a mini calendar from iCal always showing on your desktop? I've done a google, but I didn't really find the answers I wanted. Preferably, if I have to download a program, I would prefer a program that is free, hopefully the full version and that if you are recommending it you have tried it. I may be asking too much, but thanks in advance :)
Also, I am pretty sure I posted in the right place, but I am still new to these forums so I may have posted in the wrong spot, sorry if I have!

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm maybe not, I dont really use widgets, I just want it to be on my desktop, I dont want to have to do something special, if that makes sense? But the more I think about it the more it seems impossible haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
This is quite a good one but does not intergrate with other Apps. Opens Ok in 10.6 but not sure of stability. It has windows that open as you move mouse over date if u have preset event.

Panda Systems: PandoCalendar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MacBook Pro 13" (2009) 4 GB RAM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
With Onyx (Download OnyX for Mac - OS X maintenance & optimization tool. MacUpdate Mac Software Downloads) you can turn on "developer mode" for the dashboard, which allows you to activate dashboard, click and hold on the widget you want to bring back "out" of it, then press the key to go back to regular use. The widget should come out onto the desktop.

Hope you figure something out!

On this you can just use Terminal and Copy/paste this in defaults write com.apple.dashboard devmode YES

Log out then back in and open DashBoard then clicking and dragging Widget to DT ..... The only problem with this is it is always live and sits above ALL other windows :(

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thankyou for your suggestions, I went with Taylor's idea and its working well for what I want, thankyou again!
Oops, TattooedMac, I didnt refresh the page so I didnt see your post! And yes it is a problem, but I can deal with it. At least it means I will be constantly reminded of something I have to do, rather than forget ;)

Reaction score
Go into /Applications/Utilites/ and open the Terminal. In the Terminal window, type this:
Code:
defaults write com.apple.dashboard devmode YES
and press enter.

Open the Dashboard, click on the little plus sign (+) in the corner, drag and drop the iCal icon into the Dashboard space.

picture1dh.png

Once the iCal widget is open, click the square on the left (it shows you the day of the week and the date) and it will show you the events for today.

picture2qn.png

Then, drag the widget, click the mouse wheel, then drop it onto the Desktop. There you go. It's on top of all windows, so keep it in the corner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Thankyou for your suggestions, I went with Taylor's idea and its working well for what I want, thankyou again!
Oops, TattooedMac, I didnt refresh the page so I didnt see your post! And yes it is a problem, but I can deal with it. At least it means I will be constantly reminded of something I have to do, rather than forget ;)

Glad we found a solution for you to get you bye :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.