Memory upgrade

T

tezza

Hey guys, I have after years in the wilderness come home to Mac, windows corrupted me so bad....please forgive me.

I have just bought a new Mac Pro with all the bells and whistles but with only 2GB Ram i want to upgrade this to 4GB, now in saying this I already have from my PC 2 x 1GB Corsair CM731024r-400 ECC modules.

My question is, can I use these in my new Mac? it currently has
2GB 667 DDR2FB DIMM ECC 4X512

Anyone got any ideas

Tezza

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have after years in the wilderness come home to Mac, windows corrupted me so bad....please forgive me.

I have just bought a new Mac Pro with all the bells and whistles but with only 2GB Ram i want to upgrade this to 4GB, now in saying this I already have from my PC 2 x 1GB Corsair CM731024r-400 ECC modules.

My question is, can I use these in my new Mac? it currently has
2GB 667 DDR2FB DIMM ECC 4X512

Anyone got any ideas

Tezza

Your Mac Pro requires high speed FB-DIMM memory which I believe is quite expensive. This link access to a PDF which gives you the lowdown on memory replacement:

http://www.apple.com/support/manuals/macpro/

OP
T

tezza

Memory

Thanks Marty wondered how I was going to do this, your link is a great help wish my memory could be replaced just as easily.:spook:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.