Any Idea of When Best Buy will be getting the iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.53 C2D, 7200 500 GB HD, 32GB 3GS, 32GB iSlate, Extreme, Express, Magic Mouse, BT Keyboard
Long story short, I hit the lottery at Best Buy by returning an iPod Classic 160 GB and received $95 more then it currently sells for. Because of this, I have to purchase my iPad at Best Buy. Any info on when they will get a supply of Wi-Fi iPads at Best Buy? They didn't know much about it in the store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
a week or so after release, they did that with the MBA

Reaction score
I was wondering the same. And also for those of you who have an Apple store near by, is there any in display or any that people can actually try?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
yes, its along desk with all the apple items, kinda like a apple store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Best put in a preorder with best buy if you actually want one in the first shipment of ipads to best buy. They could be pre-order sold out.

Reaction score
Long story short, I hit the lottery at Best Buy by returning an iPod Classic 160 GB and received $95 more then it currently sells for. Because of this, I have to purchase my iPad at Best Buy. Any info on when they will get a supply of Wi-Fi iPads at Best Buy? They didn't know much about it in the store.
Don't forget to buy the Best Buy extended three year warranty and get the Best Buy 'optimization' of your new iPad by the Geek Squad. They will also have a boat load of Best Buy iPad accessories and a special iPad USB power cable for $50 that you may buy. I think they even have a Best Buy iPad application that automatically links you to their store if you think of anything else.

Did I forget anything about the Best Buy iPad experience?

Reaction score
Will Best Buy have a restocking fee?

Don't forget to buy the Best Buy extended three year warranty and get the Best Buy 'optimization' of your new iPad by the Geek Squad. They will also have a boat load of Best Buy iPad accessories and a special iPad USB power cable for $50 that you may buy. I think they even have a Best Buy iPad application that automatically links you to their store if you think of anything else.

Did I forget anything about the Best Buy iPad experience?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.53 C2D, 7200 500 GB HD, 32GB 3GS, 32GB iSlate, Extreme, Express, Magic Mouse, BT Keyboard
Sold my Best Buy card and am buying an Apple Store card at 90% on the dollar. Problem solved.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac
Will Best Buy have a restocking fee?

They have done away with restocking fees. They still keep the 14 day return on most of these electronics though.

I will point out that if you are a Reward Zone Silver Member, you can return ANY item in the store up to 45 days if you are not satisfied.... mind you the basic return rules still apply (has to be in like new shape, all accessories, etc. They will have to be able to at least resell it as open box).

Reaction score
Do you work for Best Buy? If they have done away with restocking fee's that is a very good thing.

What does it take to be a Reward Zone Silver?

They have done away with restocking fees. They still keep the 14 day return on most of these electronics though.

I will point out that if you are a Reward Zone Silver Member, you can return ANY item in the store up to 45 days if you are not satisfied.... mind you the basic return rules still apply (has to be in like new shape, all accessories, etc. They will have to be able to at least resell it as open box).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac
Do you work for Best Buy? If they have done away with restocking fee's that is a very good thing.

What does it take to be a Reward Zone Silver?

No, I don't work for Best Buy. I have spoken with employees many times (in my local stores, as well as out of state stores I have visited), as well as returned my fair share of items that I was not satisfied with. In fact I even hear them pitching the no restocking fee as a boon to buy something from them.

I believe to be Reward Silver you have to spend like 2500 dollars or more in a year.

Reaction score
iPad at Apple Store

Was at my local Apple Store this weekend. None on display and they said there would be no display models until April 3rd.

Reaction score
I'll have to Check out Best-buy again - back in the day before the crazy restocking fee I spent South of 2.5K/year a few times.

No, I don't work for Best Buy. I have spoken with employees many times (in my local stores, as well as out of state stores I have visited), as well as returned my fair share of items that I was not satisfied with. In fact I even hear them pitching the no restocking fee as a boon to buy something from them.

I believe to be Reward Silver you have to spend like 2500 dollars or more in a year.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.