• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

iGame APPLE VIDEO GAME SYSTEM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
I Found this pic of the new apple video game system looks and sounds pretty awesome

iGame.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I'm gonna say that's just a Photoshopped picture of a Mini, and badly done at that. Someone correct my if I'm wrong...

OP
imacmatt09
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes it is a bad photoshop some one put it on my computer i dont know who but i wish that was true dont you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I guess, but who would make games for it?

OP
imacmatt09
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Who wouldnt? M$ came out with the xbox 360 and everyone makes games for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
800pxpippinfrontgg2.jpg

Apple already had a video game system

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
We all know it is a fake, because Apple would have used a blue ray DVD drive.

OP
imacmatt09
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We all know it is a fake, because Apple would have used a blue ray DVD drive.

spelled blu-ray and blu-ray sucks btw

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Is that why the PS3 cost $500 and $600? Whicj include Blue ray players. :p

Reaction score
blu-ray does not actually fully play its videos in HD like it claims, while hd-dvd is true high definition in a video format. blu-ray just up converts it. you will get a MUCH better picture when using HD-DVD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
blu-ray does not actually fully play its videos in HD like it claims, while hd-dvd is true high definition in a video format. blu-ray just up converts it. you will get a MUCH better picture when using HD-DVD

Wouldn't an "hd-dvd" have to up convert also, unless you actually purchased HD DVDs? I mean it only seams obvious to me that to avoid any conversion, the source would have to be HD to start with. And DVD isn't HD. And it doesn't change the fact the the thing with "blu"-ray is that it increases the data capacity. So that movies can be put on disk in HD format. And it is for this reason that I would rather have BR then HDDVD. And the only way to get the price down, is to demand it. And you can't show demand by not buying them.

I would think that steve would find a way to make it play games from PS3, xBox360, and Wii. If they were to make a game box. And I think since they've already done the whole cube thing, it would have to b e a sphere, or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here's me, up on my soapbox:
Blu-ray sucks. It's Sony's take on another winning Phillips product(well I guess HD DVD is backed by Toshiba).
Betamax-Failure
Betacam-Failure
MMCD-Failure
SDDS-Failure
Blu-ray-Soon to be failure

Sony always comes up with these new technologies, but can't find people to support them. And like someone else said, Blu-ray doesn't play in total HD, unlike the HD DVD. Also, Sony is greedy and is the only one making anything with the Blu-ray name on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz Core 2 Duo Imac 1GB ram Superdrive
1080i on HD-DVD looks better then 1080p on BluRay.

Anyways, I'd be down for an Apple Gaming system. It would need some serious support to get acceptance but it is possible.

OP
imacmatt09
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow this thing turned for a disscussionon a crappy photoshoping job to a hddvd bluray fight and i say hd-dvd FTW!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
And why is that? I don't see why Blue-Ray sucks...

He's already commented on Sony batteries in another thread... so I suspect it's an Anti-Sony thing rather than anything rational... :miner: I bet my MacBook he has an Xbox360...

/awaits bad rep :rolleyes:

OP
imacmatt09
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I bet my MacBook he has an Xbox360...

/awaits bad rep :rolleyes:

Your right I don't like sony and i do have a xbox 360 and love it. I had a ps2 before then and i hated it it was just plain bad well atleast mine was. Sonys ui also sucks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.