• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Any Ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro - 2.4GHz C2D - 4GB RAM - 250GB Hard Drive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
$22 too much?
Try and office and school supply type place....... pencil cases, or ebay.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro - 2.4GHz C2D - 4GB RAM - 250GB Hard Drive
I'm not trying to be cheap - I'm trying to keep my wife off my butt so I can avoid the "Do you really need that?" or "You spent how much on that?"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Don't get me wrong.... I totally understand finances, and especially when it comes to having to justify it with a partner :)
To find something funky to do the job that you want, you are more likely to find it if looking for something not marketed for that specific purpose, which is equally as good, if not better, and cheaper!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think you could do better. Here in Oz we have Officeworks, which if I go to school supplies/pencil cases, I get this
Officeworks | Pencil Cases
I'm guessing you have something like that where you are?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I'm not trying to be cheap - I'm trying to keep my wife off my butt so I can avoid the "Do you really need that?" or "You spent how much on that?"

I can see this. But the next time she buys a pair of shoes or something she does not really need you have to tell her "Do you really need those shoes?" And "Wow you spent way too much on those shoes". It works both ways.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP 15" i7, 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OS-X 10.7.2; iPhone4 iOS 5.0
the8thark said:
It works both ways...

Yeah, in a completely just and politically correct world...

Hang on, we're talking about women here aren't we??? There's nothing "just" or "politically correct" about their world -"their way or the highway"!!! Brave (or foolish) man that forgets it!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
A coupon code?????????

Gimme a break!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 12 freakin' dollars.

Or get the one you already found for $5.

Or, are you just merely spamming the forum with links to a site that you have an interest in? If so, you won't have much time left to do so here!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.