Handbrake

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
For those interested, Handbrake 0.9.5 was released last Monday and is available for download from their site.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Thanks for the notice

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I've been running the nightly builds for the last month or so, but I think I'll stick with the main 0.9.5 release for now. I mainly wanted the Apple TV 2 preset. I've been using Handbrake for about 3 years now, and it's an awesome tool. Btw, Baggss, am I wrong in assuming that you are the same Baggss from the Handbrake forums? Are you simply active in the community or involved in Handbrakes development?

OP
baggss
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Btw, Baggss, am I wrong in assuming that you are the same Baggss from the Handbrake forums? Are you simply active in the community or involved in Handbrakes development?

One and the same. I got involved after the original developer {titer IIRC} sort of let it go. I wrote some user tutorials and posted in the old forums and helped folks troubleshoot and learn as I went along learning how to use HB, all at a point where HB seemed almost dead. When the new developer group got together and got titers blessing to move foreword they made me a Mod as a kind of thanks for helping out so much. Never did any software developing but I did a lot of testing on the 0.8.X and the early 0.9.X builds as the team ramped up. I don't hang there much anymore but I do drop by now and then. Good source of info down to the nuts and bolts and they are receptive to input as long as it's informed and makes sense. They have a good group of developers and do a lot of good work in the Open Source community.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Thanks for the notice. I too run the nightly builds, but will look to see what's been implemented from those.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.