iOS 5 Error -34

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Does anybody know what this error code means please? Everything was going swimmingly during the download until this appeared. I run iTunes 10.5 on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and wasn't expecting the nonsense that then ensued.

My iPhone failed to restore it's back up properly, all my iTunes sync settings were messed with, my calendar items are duplicating, iTunes did a long-winded music download, the next time I plugged it in my songs disappeared and when I did force a Music sync by genre my iPhone was showing jumbled up album artwork. iCloud storage back up is OFF on my iPhone could this be the problem?

Does Apple expect us all to be be conversant with synchronisation logic ?:Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I think a lot of the problems was server overload yesterday with 10.7.2,iPhoto,iWork (for iDevices),iCloud and finally iOS5 being released the same day. I had to restore my phone in order to get it to work this was like on try No. 8.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think a lot of the problems was server overload yesterday with 10.7.2,iPhoto,iWork (for iDevices),iCloud and finally iOS5 being released the same day. I had to restore my phone in order to get it to work this was like on try No. 8.

Hi,
Would you recommend a restore as per in iTunes if my iPhone wasn't functioning correctly?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So this just happened after I disconnected my iPhone. iTunes gave a message on my iMac that the restore had been interrupted and would I like to continue? I say yes and iTunes opens with a Set UP Your iPhone pane with an option to restore from the back up of my iPhone and I say yes.

A 'Restoring iPhone backup bar appears and my iPhone says restore in progress. When the restore finishes it says that it's restored and to leave it connected whilst it finishes. My iPhone shows the Apple logo on black screen and then with a bar underneath and then a pane pops on my iMac up to say it was interrupted whilst restoring and would I like to cancel, delete back up or continue????

Is this what you went through because it looks like some sort of loop to me?
Cheers
Liam

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.