• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

why use official apple shop?

Reaction score
why do people buy their computers from official apple shop/ official apple site when you can buy the same item on Amazon saving around 10% ?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Apple products are one of those things where you don't usually see drastic reductions in other places..usually going back to the Apple refurbished store garners the best prices..

You can certainly buy from Amazon or MacMall..all of which are reputable places..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Agreed with the above. Apple products usually are never on a big sale. Anywhere. SO if you see a 5%-10% cheaper price from a reputable place I'd take it. Just remember one thing. Apple have zero shipping fees on most of their products. Well they do they are just included in the price. Amazon might have extra shipping fees for your Apple product. So add on their shipping fees and then see who has the best deal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Agreed with the above. Apple products usually are never on a big sale. Anywhere. SO if you see a 5%-10% cheaper price from a reputable place I'd take it. Just remember one thing. Apple have zero shipping fees on most of their products. Well they do they are just included in the price. Amazon might have extra shipping fees for your Apple product. So add on their shipping fees and then see who has the best deal.

If it is sold from amazon directly and not a 3rd party that sells through amazon, you can typically get free shipping. It will just take a bit longer as it falls under their "super saver" shipping. The other thing I do like about buying from amazon is that they don't charge sales tax.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
If it is sold from amazon directly and not a 3rd party that sells through amazon, you can typically get free shipping. It will just take a bit longer as it falls under their "super saver" shipping. The other thing I do like about buying from amazon is that they don't charge sales tax.

That's pretty much win for me. ^-^"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Only within the US. For international shipping you always have to pay for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
why do people buy their computers from official apple shop/ official apple site when you can buy the same item on Amazon saving around 10% ?

This may be true for computers, but iPads are running about 10% MORE on Amazon than what you can buy one for from Apple or BestBuy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
One thing I like about buying anything on Amazon is there A-Z Guarantee.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
The one thing I like about using my local Apple Store is the service and they have treated
me great and fixed a few things out of warranty so patronage has some advantages.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.