Boot camp white screen

Reaction score
Help me please

I don't use a mac but my friend does and he is currently trying to install XP on his iMac using boot camp

it partitions his HD ok and gets the BOOTCAMP partition installed but when it tells him to insert the cd it boots to a white sceen and starts working for a little while then it just stops and he cant hear it working

after words it boots fine into the mac OS X leopard environment but it wont boot to the CD

also if it matters he used to have XP installed on it but then he deleted it for some reason

and we have tried 2 XP CDs both of which my pc boots perfectly to
any help would be appriciated thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Tell him to run the Boot Camp assistant again and to clear any partition he might have previously made. In other words, revert the entire drive to OS X once more.

Next, have him run the Boot Camp assistant again and create the partition for Win once more. Also, before installing WinXP or Vista, make sure all external devices are removed from the iMac such as USB or Firewire drives.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Sorry to ask a basic question but is he booting from the CD?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.