FireFOx is eating CPU

Reaction score
I had a single tab opened. It was Facebook Mail and maybe thats flash? anyway there is no reasoning in it running up my CPU so much. This happens to much , how do i trouble shoot this?

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You can try restarting or even reinstalling Firefox, but the fact of the matter is that for no apparent reason it can randomly hog CPU cycles and lots of memory. It's just something you have to put up with when using Firefox. The only other solution is to switch to Safari or Opera, which only use lots of CPU cycles when you're viewing something in Flash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
You could try the browser Camino, also from Mozilla. In my view, it does nearly as good a job as FFox, but uses fewer system resources.

Flash video developers and web page designers have charged ahead in leaps and bounds with little regard for the hardware required to run what they put on their web pages. When you encounter this sort of problem, it may help to quit absolutely everything else that might be open (but your screenshot suggests you'd done that already).

I see too that you have 1 Gb RAM. Usually sufficient, but I'd recommend upgrading that to its maximum of 2 Gb. That won't affect the CPU directly, but will help 'smooth' the processing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
why does flash not address this issue ??

Adobe is working on improving Flash to make it more efficient. Last I heard the program was going to use the GPU instead of the CPU. That'll help with bringing down CPU utilization though I'm not sure how much it'll help in terms of heat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.