Security Banner Problem

Reaction score
I have tried to use Safari to log onto a government website with a security banner, which you have to click OK on in order to enter the site. The only problem is that the banner extends past the bottom of the screen and I cannot move it up in order to click the button. I have tried zooming out but that does not help at all, the banner stays the same size and still extends past the end of the page. It does not have the minimize, close or expand buttons in the upper left corner either. I end up having to Force Quit Safari in order to do anything else. I run into the same problem with Firefox too. I'm stuck!

Edit: I have Snow Leopard.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Try Firefox or Opera. I would recommend keeping both of these along with Safari on your computer.

There are still sites that are optimized for older versions of IE only and just will not work properly in Safari.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I have tried zooming out but that does not help at all, the banner stays the same size and still extends past the end of the page.

Just for my interest - does Zoom make any difference in that situation;
;)

I would, as bobtomay as recommended, try another browser. Different browsers render pages differently and it is very likely that WebKit (rendering engine in Safari) has a problem with that page.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.