• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

This Makes Me LOL

Reaction score
So today, after posting a few updates about Apple on facebook, I was asked:

Why is everything about Apple?

This was my reply:

I'm what they call an Apple evangelist. (Apple prefers consultant). There's just something about using Apple products that an average consumer just doesn't get using anything else out there- whether it is a Windows PC or a cheap mp3 player. It is hard to pinpoint- it could be the design, it could be the user experience- it also could be that Apple doesn't make cheap consumer electronics. I know, not everybody likes the idea of Apple- and some frankly probably don't care that they don't get it either, but I'm not going into that.

Really though- Apple is changing the world more than Microsoft is now. Apple has a higher net market worth, Apple has a dominance in music players, music sales and mobile device sales- more than any other company. When you make products that literally change the playing field, it is hard to not get noticed. And that is why I am all for Apple. It may not last long another 30 years from now, but right now though, it's the big thing.

Think this is a valid reason?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You could have just said "Because I'm an unabashed Apple fanboy" and they would have gotten the point in a much more concise manner ;)

OP
C
Reaction score
You could have just said "Because I'm an unabashed Apple fanboy" and they would have gotten the point in a much more concise manner ;)

True true. But I like to spell it out sometimes and leave people something worthwhile to read.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
True true. But I like to spell it out sometimes and leave people something worthwhile to read.

I just re-read that and I'm not sure it came out as it was intended - I didn't mean it to be snarky at all. Just a gentle-natured ribbing from what some would call another Apple fanboy :D

OP
C
Reaction score
I just re-read that and I'm not sure it came out as it was intended - I didn't mean it to be snarky at all. Just a gentle-natured ribbing from what some would call another Apple fanboy :D

LOL. No harm done. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
"Lord Jobs will smite the unbelievers so I want to be on the right side of the Apple when judgement day comes".

That would have worked just as fine as an answer to that question.

OP
C
Reaction score
"Lord Jobs will smite the unbelievers so I want to be on the right side of the Apple when judgement day comes".

That would have worked just as fine as an answer to that question.

Yes! +1
:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Eventually the "Evangelist" thing gets old. I went through it back in the 90s and spent much time in the Newsgroups and BBS systems fighting the good fight when it looked like Apple would fold up. After a while, you realize your not going to change some people and you calm down. I don't evangalize much anymore, outsidfe of sites like this, but I have slowley converted any number of my friends and co-worker to Apple products by simply showing them some of the cool things the products do and how well they integrate with each other.

Sometimes its hard to understand why Apple does things the way they do and why they are unwilling to admit they just might have made a mistake. When you start having that problem I reccomend educating yourself not just on Apple as a whole but Steve Jobs in particular. There are any number of well written books that talk about the history of both and explain why they are, at heart, one and the same. This explains a LOT about Apple as they move foreward.

Some of my favorites are:

Amazon.com: Insanely Great: The Life and Times of Macintosh, the Computer That Changed Everything (9780140291773): Steven Levy: Books

Amazon.com: Return to the Little Kingdom: How Apple and Steve Jobs Changed the World (9781590202814): Michael Moritz: Books

Amazon.com: Apple Confidential 2.0: The Definitive History of the World's Most Colorful Company (0689145701005): Owen Linzmayer, Owen W. Linzmayer: Books

Amazon.com: The Second Coming of Steve Jobs (9780767904339): Alan Deutschman: Books

Amazon.com: The Cult of Mac (Paperback edition) (9781593271220): Leander Kahney: Books

Amazon.com: Revolution in the Valley: The Insanely Great Story of How the Mac Was Made (9780596007195): Andy Hertzfeld: Books

Amazon.com: On the Firing Line: My 500 Days at Apple (9780887309199): Gil Amelio, William Simon: Books

and my 2 personal all time favorites:

Amazon.com: Infinite Loop (9780385486842): Michael Malone: Books

Amazon.com: Apple: The Inside Story of Intrigue, Egomania, and Business Blunders (9780788190681): Jim Carlton: Books

Enjoy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.