Should I wait? (this is not about leopard)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I want to get an airport express to have airtunes and access my external wirelessly, but my mbp is capable of 802.11n and the express can only hit g... Will there be an n soon, and do I need it? Is g fast enough to stream movies?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
The OP is asking about Airport EXPRESS (not Extreme)...

The truth is no one knows.... I haven't heard any rumors regarding Airport Express units.

I have 2 Airport Express units that work great for Airtunes (music)... not sure about movies though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
last i recall i dont even think they have updated the airport express in a long time....they might even be discontinuing (sp) it.

i'd look into an airport extreme, i believe it could do the same things...or an apple tv
-chris

OP
eliehass
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
Reaction score
I understand what the OP meant, he's got an external drive networked wirelessly. I usually download my torrents (usually TV shows I've missed) to my external drive and watch them on my locally connected desktop, but sometimes I want to watch them on my MBP. A g connection, for me at least, was NOT capable of handling the bandwidth of your averagely encoded HD show (such as "Heroes") without chops every 30 seconds or so.

OP
eliehass
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I understand what the OP meant, he's got an external drive networked wirelessly. I usually download my torrents (usually TV shows I've missed) to my external drive and watch them on my locally connected desktop, but sometimes I want to watch them on my MBP. A g connection, for me at least, was NOT capable of handling the bandwidth of your averagely encoded HD show (such as "Heroes") without chops every 30 seconds or so.

Yes, thats exactly what I'm talking about, so g is not fast enough... I have a airport extreme at home that is capable of n so everything works fine, but i was looking into something for my dorm. I guess the airport express wont cut it unless they make a new one capable of g.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.