Apple Delivery

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought a iMac yesterday (20" one), I didn't really customize it atall, the only thing I changed was the keyboard, to a wireless one..
surpized
So I go to check the order status and find to be slightly surprized, i'm not sure if the date is just false, if they put it there incase of any delays, but they've said i'll be getting the mac within 8 days?! I'm kinda surpized really, its kinda long.. Also my order apparently is 'Not yet shipped'

Did any of you get a date like that? and get it much before that?

I'd benefit for anyone to reply, I can't wait that long!

Sam.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Alum - 24" Display - 4GB RAM
iMac - Apple Delivery TIME?

I'm from PA and my experience with purchasing my iMac...I ordered it the evening of 12/28/2008 and it was delivered on 12/30/2008.

There could be several things contributing to the date you were given. I would think you would be able to get a better idea once you get a tracking number.

Frank Lauri

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi,

Did you really? So it took like a month to get to you, thats such a rubbish service.

I live in London so i'm not to sure what the delivery time will be for here. I have ordered computers from Dell online, and customized them, which I got within 3 - 4 days.. and I could track it from being made, the status was great.

But with Apple, it just says 'Not yet shipped', and I haven't a tracking code yet. Hopefully i'll get it soon.

Does anyone live in london, whos got a iMac? and how long did it take.. or anyone whos bought one..

Sam.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
Hi,

Did you really? So it took like a month to get to you, thats such a rubbish service.

Just so you know that was two days....

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm from London too but in America they use month/day/year. So his delivery actually took 2 days.

This is definitely true, and as you know being from London...in the UK you use day/month/year as the date format.

So in the post earlier in this thread where the date was 12/28/08 & 12/30/08...there still should be no confusion.

Because if the 2nd number is the month...what month is 28, and what month is 30? Thus there really should not be any confusion in this particular date example between US & UK date formats.

- Nick

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And plus, they're just yankin' your chain. 2 days? Not gonna happen. If Apple told you a week, it'll probably take 2 weeks.

;D

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
In the grand scheme of things, 8 days isn't that long. To be fair as well, if you wanted it that bad, you would have gotten it in store somewhere. ;)

You would be better though to use the tracking system of whoever ships your package when it gets shipped. The tracking info differed significantly between Apple and Purolator for me.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
In the grand scheme of things, 8 days isn't that long. To be fair as well, if you wanted it that bad, you would have gotten it in store somewhere. ;)

I definitely agree! Of course we all would like to get our spanking new computer as soon as possible...but 8 days is definitely tolerable.

If someone in the United States ordered a computer from Apple...and the computer was coming from California, and being shipped to the East Coast of the US...that would take 5 days via UPS ground delivery.

Then add in the time (if the order was processed quickly...maybe 2-3 days in some cases) for the order to be processed & put on a truck for delivery. This total process in an ideal situation could minimally take 7-8 days.

So if this computer is going to the UK (not sure where the computer is shipping from, maybe from the US or maybe from a warehouse in the UK)...8 days may not be very long at all!

- Nick

Reaction score
Just FYI, I ordered a MacBook Air and Mac Pro last Wednesday or Thursday. The Air was pretty much as is, it was prepared for shipment in Shanghai on Saturday and arrived here in California at 9:00 this morning, so just under one week.

The Mac Pro (more customized) still isn't listed as being ready to ship, so I imagine I'll probably get it next Monday or Tuesday...so a week and a half.

Eight days seems pretty much in line with ordering from Apple.

Cheers!

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi guys,

thanks for your comments, very helpful. I also just found out about that american dating thing, I got confused. :)

I hope I get it around Friday, i'll just wait and see, if theres anyone else who has ordered a iMac, whom lives in the uk, i'd be helpful if you could post how long it took. (Y)

Thank you very much!

Update: Woo, its changed! now to 'Prepared for Shipment' Aha.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.