• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple announces iOS 7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Watching it live ATM Dennis, its a lot cleaner than the OLD iOS look, and i like it and love the new Multitasking.

OP
dtravis7

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am sure multitasking is great, but the look to me looks drab, dead. Like I said many especially Android people will love it.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I am liking the features and the fact that it will work on my iPhone 4. Not sure I like the inter ace. I like the idea of an app looking like the thing it represents (notes looks like a notepad etc).

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'm not going to pass judgement on it just yet. At least not until I can actually get to play with it. So far it looks very streamlined and the color palette is brighter. They got rid of the felt and wood stuff in game center. Thank god.

Not sure about the transparency overlays. >_>"

Reaction score
I am now itching to have this on my devices.

And this is really beautiful. I wonder what folders look like in iOS 7...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Looks stunning to me. Exactly the direction I hoped it would go but better. Can't wait to grab the beta but the dev site seems overloaded at the moment

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I will wait till I can get hands on before commenting so far I think I like what I saw.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Looks a bit like Window 7 with the translucent. Modern design in the overall fonts and the almost 'vector' like graphics without losing the original design of iOS 6, which people that use the devices have gotten used to. Like they said, to blend the familiarity with the new without getting people totally lost.

Reaction score
Looks a bit like Window 7 with the translucent. Modern design in the overall fonts and the almost 'vector' like graphics without losing the original design of iOS 6, which people that use the devices have gotten used to. Like they said, to blend the familiarity with the new without getting people totally lost.

I'm staring at Win7 right now...when you have a pinned program open, or even the SM open...still a glossy look.

With that being said, the new look of iOS reminds me of a cross between Metro and Google Chrome OS (the latest version). It looks better than the best of the two though IMO.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'm staring at Win7 right now...when you have a pinned program open, or even the SM open...still a glossy look.

With that being said, the new look of iOS reminds me of a cross between Metro and Google Chrome OS (the latest version). It looks better than the best of the two though IMO.

Watch the Android fan boys say that Google should sue Apple for ripping off their UI. >_>"

Anyways finally got home and started updating my iPhone.

Anyone else get to play with it yet? XD

Attachment-1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Watch the Android fan boys say that Google should sue Apple for ripping off their UI. >_>"

Anyways finally got home and started updating my iPhone.

I'm no fanboy on either side, but if you want people to be honest.. that's what you're going to hear. Remember Web OS that got bought out by stupid HP and went belly up? Yeah, back in 2009, they created web cards.. guess what that looks exactly like in iOS 7?

iOS 7 does look beautiful though *IMO and aside from folders/icons* from every other aspect. And to their credit, for a derivative OS, it's very slick and intuitive.

Doug

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm no fanboy on either side, but if you want people to be honest.. that's what you're going to hear. Remember Web OS that got bought out by stupid HP and went belly up? Yeah, back in 2009, they created web cards.. guess what that looks exactly like in iOS 7?

Every single feature in iOS 7, I've had forever with my Android phone. The least they could have done is to integrate widgets on the home screens. At least then we could start getting away from icons/folders. Kind of over those.

iOS 7 does look beautiful though *IMO and aside from dull folders/icons* from every other aspect. And to their credit, for a derivative OS, it's very slick and intuitive.

Doug

I don't have an Android device to compare it to but looking from afar they definitely look a lot more similar now. Linky.

I'm a lot more happy with Notification center now. It's not some dinky little drop down menu with tiny text anymore. I wish it was a little more customizable. >_<"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

Yes Me :)
I Love finally control centre to have all the most used Settings in the up swipe Toggle :)
Photos has the WOW factor for me. Today, Weeks Years Places and can sorted into any of them, very slick and polished.
Ill play more before i write more.

One thing @ CR WHERE THE HECK IS ***SpotLight*** ???? and i learnt how to close Apps for good :) took a little playing that one. No more holding your finger down Just a swipe UP hahaha

EDIT : One thing I'm not liking is the Colour of the folders and their Label. I have now had to put a dark background on my phone to see the Label and tone down the Folders :( Ill be sending in a report on that one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Spotlight? just swipe down in the middle of any screen like an 'update' gesture

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff

Every single feature in iOS 7, I've had forever with my Android phone. The least they could have done is to integrate widgets on the home screens. At least then we could start getting away from icons/folders. Kind of over those.

iOS 7 does look beautiful though *IMO and aside from dull folders/icons* from every other aspect. And to their credit, for a derivative OS, it's very slick and intuitive.

Doug
+1 on the widget thing.

While I'm happy to see finally some movement on iOS, I've wanted to see something past this icon based screen stuff. I've resisted the urge to get an S4 mainly because I prefer the apple app eco system, but why is apple so steadfastly opposed to losing their obsession with the icon thing?

I have a dev acct, but I've never put a beta on my phone mainly because I use the **** out of it. But I'm tempted tis time. But there's no going back. Is it stable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Spotlight? just swipe down in the middle of any screen like an 'update' gesture

Thanks man. It wasn't so easy to find that one ;)

Is it stable?

Ive had the springboard go off twice in 12 Hrs, and both times was i was in Photo's, but is sprang back in like 6-7 Secs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I watched Keynote last night. I'm quite impressed. This was a long time coming, and I think Apple really nailed it - at least from what I saw. I think the tiles/icons are such a stark contrast to what we see right now that it's overwhelming to some people. It's very flat compared to the current "clunky" look. But that doesn't mean it's too flat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.