What's the best way of transferring files between PC and Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I still have to use my PC on a daily basis and thought idisk on dot mac might be the answer to moving files seemlessly between PC and MBP. However on the windows side of things [surprise surprise] all I get is a delayed write failure when trying to upload.

My wifi is 802.11n [dlink] and I can't get the Lan up and running on that.

So I was wondering if a big external HDD is the answer. Typically for backing up work, photo files and itunes library.

Any thoughts solutions appreciated.

Reaction score
I still have to use my PC on a daily basis and thought idisk on dot mac might be the answer to moving files seemlessly between PC and MBP. However on the windows side of things [surprise surprise] all I get is a delayed write failure when trying to upload.

My wifi is 802.11n [dlink] and I can't get the Lan up and running on that.

So I was wondering if a big external HDD is the answer. Typically for backing up work, photo files and itunes library.

Any thoughts solutions appreciated.

If you need to transfer files on a regular basis, then a plain old ethernet cord should work just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
If you need to transfer files on a regular basis, then a plain old ethernet cord should work just fine.

Yep, just set up a network between your PC and Mac, and transfer files as needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.