LogicPro question...

Reaction score
Woot! First post here! :)

Anyway.

I've been looking around to learn more about LogicPro. I understand that it's this insane mixer program, but my real question is this:

Can it notate? Can I write music in it like I would with Finale or Sibelius, by actually putting it on staff paper?

Or is it the junk like GarageBand, where you can only look at the software instruments' notation?

As a music major in college, I'm going to need music software, so I'm simply unsure as to whether I should get LogicPro vs. Finale vs. Sibelius. -shrug- Any opinions?

Reaction score
Ey,

Logic Pro 8/9 has a Score function. If you press CMD/3 you can edit a score for a particular midi-track.

For making leadsheets and other scores I use Sibelius. Because of the user-friendly approach, more functions and a better way to make scores.

Hope this answers your question :)

Gr. Freek

OP
R
Reaction score
Ey,

Logic Pro 8/9 has a Score function. If you press CMD/3 you can edit a score for a particular midi-track.

For making leadsheets and other scores I use Sibelius. Because of the user-friendly approach, more functions and a better way to make scores.

Hope this answers your question :)

Gr. Freek

Well, GarageBand does too, but it's only for software instruments. What I mean to ask, is LogicPro's Score Notation identical in function to Finale/Sib, or is it the half-baked stuff of GarageBand's world?

Reaction score
Well, GarageBand does too, but it's only for software instruments. What I mean to ask, is LogicPro's Score Notation identical in function to Finale/Sib, or is it the half-baked stuff of GarageBand's world?

Nope, not identical in function to Finale or Sibelius. It is bit better than Garageband half-baked stuff. If you want to work fast and easy, use Sibelius :)

Gr. Freek

OP
R
Reaction score
Nope, not identical in function to Finale or Sibelius. It is bit better than Garageband half-baked stuff. If you want to work fast and easy, use Sibelius :)

Gr. Freek

I take it you're of the mind that Sib > Finale?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.