How to increase my battery life

Reaction score
Hi i just got my macbook pro with a seven hour battery but when the battery is 100% it says theirs 4 hours of battery left how do i fix this this problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - 320 GB HD, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, + Magic Mouse
Hi i just got my macbook pro with a seven hour battery but when the battery is 100% it says theirs 4 hours of battery left how do i fix this this problem

Sounds like it could be a faulty battery. If you just got it, it should be under warranty. Go in and have the Genius Bar check it out. If there is something wrong, they should replace it.

Otherwise, try to not have a ton of applications open at once. I personally keep my screen at halfway brightness if I am not plugged in. Another battery drainer is Flash. Try installing ClickToFlash, or some other app which blocks Flash on Safari.

One thing to check is the Battery Health. Go Apple pull down menu > About this Mac > More Info > Hardware > Power. In the Power pane there should be something called Health Information in it. See what the condition says. The descriptions are pretty self explanatory. If it says Service Battery stop using your computer and take it in ASAP.

Reaction score
There was a post exactly like this and from what people were saying 4 or 5 hours is normal. 7 hours is when ure not doning anything. Maybe try 60% brightness. And turn every app off then see while just sitting there if it says 7 hours.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
You can only really reasonably expect to get about 4 hours of battery life with normal use. Read the fine print; you'll get 7 hours if you're just surfing the net or doing simple word processing with Bluetooth turned off and the screen brightness brought down, etc. If you're listening to iTunes, watching a movie or rendering video with the display at full brightness while using wireless devices, you will probably get less than 4 hours.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
I get three hours from my late 2008 MBP 15"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - 320 GB HD, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, + Magic Mouse
There was a post exactly like this and from what people were saying 4 or 5 hours is normal. 7 hours is when ure not doning anything. Maybe try 60% brightness. And turn every app off then see while just sitting there if it says 7 hours.

I stand corrected.

OP
D
Reaction score
thanks for the advice i've turned the brightness down and even though theres 60% battery left it's sying it can go for 5 hours

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.