IP4 vs IP2 speaker volume ear and bottom....

Reaction score
ok ive got an original iphone that ive had for like 3 years or so. my only problem with it is i cant hear anything out of it. well not exactly nothing but its very quiet from the ear speaker and the bottom speaker. is the IP4 any better? i mean when i leave my phone on my toolbox i should be able to hear it ring. i mean i can hear my bosses blackberry on the otherside of the shop and even outside the shop. i can barely hear my phone ring if im standing 10 feet from it. yes the ringer is set to the loudest it can go. along with that, the earspeaker is horrible, i have to use the headset, but that hurts my ears cause all the rubber is worn off. Id like to get out to a store to check it out in person but im laid up in a cast and cant drive for awhile so i need your opinions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic
Yes I can hear much better. The speakerphone is much louder, and the noise cancellation microphone on the iPhone 4 has definitely helped out.

Reaction score
ok ive got an original iphone that ive had for like 3 years or so. my only problem with it is i cant hear anything out of it. well not exactly nothing but its very quiet from the ear speaker and the bottom speaker. is the IP4 any better? i mean when i leave my phone on my toolbox i should be able to hear it ring. i mean i can hear my bosses blackberry on the otherside of the shop and even outside the shop. i can barely hear my phone ring if im standing 10 feet from it. yes the ringer is set to the loudest it can go. along with that, the earspeaker is horrible, i have to use the headset, but that hurts my ears cause all the rubber is worn off. Id like to get out to a store to check it out in person but im laid up in a cast and cant drive for awhile so i need your opinions.

The speaker is louder and improved over all older generations. You should be able to hear it ten feet away with mild background noise. Now if you have a chainsaw or jackhammer running you may not hear it, obviously...

The ear peace is ok (not the best or worst I have used) and this all relies on your signal strength, really. With the volume at its highest and in good signal strength areas you should have no problems. But on the iPhone 4 I still find it hard sometimes to hear the person on the other end simply because signal strength sucks in certain areas with AT&T. People on the other end seem to hear me more clearly than on my 3G where I was told sometimes I sounded tinny or like I was in the ocean.

iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 calls are noticeably better than iPhone 4 to other versions of iPhones.

OP
V
Reaction score
thanks for the opinions so far. anyone else please chime in. ill be in this cast for a little while longer so i wont be able to experience it firsthand for another week or so.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.