Just another new MBP owner!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP,2.53 GHz,4gb RAM....32 GB Ipod Touch 3G.....5th gen Ipod video 30 gb..
Got my 15" MBP from apple.com yesterday and all i can say is i should have done this a long time ago!!!!:eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
And all we can say is welcome to the real world :)

Dont be shy in this forum as there is a world of knowledge and we look forward to yours ...

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Welcome! We will teach you the secret handshake later. ;)

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And all we can say is welcome to the real world :)

Dont be shy in this forum as there is a world of knowledge and we look forward to yours ...

Cheers

thanks so much!!!! cant wait to learn more bout my MBP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hhahahhah sweet!!!!!!:D
You might not say that once you learn what you need to do. It involves jumping on one leg, scratching your stomach, and other tricks you probably don't want to hear about. ;D

But once you learn the handshake you will be a Mac member for life! The membership also comes with one free get out jail card, but use it wisely. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
The membership also comes with one free get out jail card, but use it wisely. :)

Dang and I could have passed that onto my parole officer too. Something learnt for next time ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dang and I could have passed that onto my parole officer too. Something learnt for next time ;)
LOL. At least you will know for next time but parole officers like money as well...I'm told. ;D

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks guys!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Mac. I too migrated from the Windows environment of two decades to my MBP just eight weeks ago now, and have no regrets at all in making the move. I share most new mac owners sediments too, wish I too had made the move many moons ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.66GHz / 4GB / 320GB / Matte 15"
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Mac. I too migrated from the Windows environment of two decades to my MBP just eight weeks ago now, and have no regrets at all in making the move. I share most new mac owners sediments too, wish I too had made the move many moons ago.

I like my new 15" MBP so much I'm seriously considering a 17". How do you like yours? Do you carry it to work or school, or does it sit on the desk most of the time? Does it run cool & quiet? How is the hi-res display in terms of the fixed font sizes in some dialog boxes & windows, too small or OK?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
My 17" MBP stays in one place, on my desk, its a little big to carry around, so it basically replaces the need for a home pc.

It runs cool, and is silent.

Screen is perfect, and resolution is great. You can customize the fonts to larger ones if they are too small for you. I use firefox as my browser, mainly due to the amount of extensions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.66GHz / 4GB / 320GB / Matte 15"
My 17" MBP stays in one place, on my desk, its a little big to carry around, so it basically replaces the need for a home pc.

It runs cool, and is silent.

Screen is perfect, and resolution is great. You can customize the fonts to larger ones if they are too small for you. I use firefox as my browser, mainly due to the amount of extensions.

Thanks for your response. I like a hi-res screen and have used them on 15" laptops, but wondered what it would be like on a 17". I too prefer Firefox for the same reason.
I'm so glad that I asked this question here in the "Switchers" thread. I asked just one simple question in the MacBook thread area, and got attacked by a very negative and aggressive pack of users that don't like new people. So I keep to this section since its populated by responsible respecful adults.
Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
You might not say that once you learn what you need to do. It involves jumping on one leg, scratching your stomach, and other tricks you probably don't want to hear about. ;D

But once you learn the handshake you will be a Mac member for life! The membership also comes with one free get out jail card, but use it wisely. :)

Wow, I had to ride a goat while scantily clad..It was a long and perilous journey. ;D

Welcome! I got mine two months ago, and love it. Life is now good. I have a computer that works!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.