Put Applications back on the dock like it was

Reaction score
Hey, I accidentally dragged Applications off the dock and removed it - I put it back by dragging the folder from the finder but now it is just a folder so shows the icon that is on top - I want it to look like it was a folder with "A" on the front.

Anyway to put it back how it was? Fairly unimportant but thought someone might relish the challenge???

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hey, I accidentally dragged Applications off the dock and removed it - I put it back by dragging the folder from the finder but now it is just a folder so shows the icon that is on top - I want it to look like it was a folder with "A" on the front.

Anyway to put it back how it was? Fairly unimportant but thought someone might relish the challenge???

You could try any of these:

Iconic - Custom folder icons for Mac OS X Leopard

Apple - Downloads - Icons, Screensavers, etc. - Custom Leopard Folders

Download Folder Icon X for Mac - Create custom OS X folder icons. MacUpdate Mac Icon Tools Software Downloads

Folder icon customization made easy - FolderBrander (folder brander) for Mac OS X

macosxhints.com - 10.5: Customize those boring blue folders using Preview

YouTube - Customize folders on a mac

YouTube - How to: Change a folders icon in Mac OSX Leopard Tiger Panther

HTH,

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score

Lol I just dragged my folder from the dock onto the web page which said "drag folder here" (which removed from the dock AGAIN)

Then I tried to put it back by dragging Apps from the side panel of Finder but missed so removed it from the side of Finder too! I put it back now.

Ok so downloaded the app - how do I get the image of the A i need?? Sorry im such an amature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
To get an App back in dock - go to Applications folder on hard drive and double click app to open it and it will appear in Dock then right click on icon that is now in dock or left click for a couple of secs either of which will bring up a contextual menu then select 'Keep in Dock'- Done

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
To get the 'A' back on top:

Drag the folder back to the dock
Right click the folder on the dock
Navigate to the 'Display As' section
Choose Folder

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.