I'm new and I have a question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 4S, Iphone 3GS, 13'' Macbook Pro
Hi all,

I'm new and I've just got my very first Macbook Pro yesterday!I love it and will never consider buying other laptop or PC besides Apple anymore.Well I am a iPhone user for almost 2 years now, but I am a total Mac noob lol.

I have a noob question, should I update my mac every time there is an software update? I'm holding back because I've update my iPhone 3gs to IOS 5.0.1 earlier and the battery drains real fast, I don't want this happen to my mac.Plus, do I have to plug in the adapter when I update my mac cause the pop-up window said its better to do it with adapter plug-in.

Thanks for reading, please share your experience if you could, cheers! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I generally go for the updates to OSX on the mac, they haven't caused me any trouble yet. If the mac does ever seem a bit less than best after an update, usually re-updating using the latest combo installer from Apple cleans things up.

AS for the Adaptor, its not essential, but obviously don't start a OSX update going with less than 25% of battery left

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 4S, Iphone 3GS, 13'' Macbook Pro
Got it thanks, I'll update my mac soon. :)

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I would definitely do the OS updates - some of the Thunderbolt firmware updates are optional unless you're actually using that port. I still have one that's been pending for a while just because I've been too lazy to go through a restart of my MBP.

Reaction score
...some of the Thunderbolt firmware updates are optional unless you're actually using that port. I still have one that's been pending for a while just because I've been too lazy to go through a restart of my MBP.

LOL, ditto... glad I'm not the only one

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.