I updated my unlocked iphone, now not compatible

Reaction score
I updated my unlocked iphone to the new software update, now I cant use it as SIM is not compatible. Is there anyway of downgrading software, and even if i can so this will i be able to use it again or have to get it unlocked.

thanks, any help appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It's because those updates tend to get rid of software unlocks. I'm not exactly sure whether you can successfully downgrade the software. You could try downloading the older firmware, hold Shift while pressing restore in iTunes, and then select the older firmware file. Theoretically it should work, but you may very well lose your backup as it has most likely been converted to work with the newer firmware. You will also have to very likely unlock the phone again.

You should also search around to see if an unlock is available for the firmware version you're running.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
If you updated to the latest software then it also updated the baseband (the GSM radio) There currently is no way to downgrade the baseband on the iPhone 3G.

I am holding off for this reason, not mention the 2nd last software update is pretty solid IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think it's already been worked and unlocked by the dev team. Check out Apple & iPhone 3G News | Forums | ModMyi.com

Thats only if you want to update using the pwnage tool (which requires a full wipe of your iphone) it will pull the baseband update and update the OS only.

If you quickpwn it, it will jailbreak the iphone but still update the baseband which is fine except in the poster above's situation where his baseband has been updated and it now locked to one carrier again.

So I guess hang in there until a update to the pwnage tool or quickpwnage is out. Hopefully you have another cell to swap your SIM into in the meantime.

OP
J
Reaction score
thanks everyone for the help.

i tried reinstalling the old firmware but had no effect.

will probably just go and get it unlocked again :(

anyone have a rough idea of how much it costs to get it unlocked??

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks everyone for the help.

i tried reinstalling the old firmware but had no effect.

will probably just go and get it unlocked again :(

anyone have a rough idea of how much it costs to get it unlocked??

thanks

You cant get it unlocked, your baseband is currently not unlockable.
Dev-Team Blog

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.