iOS 4.3.1 Now Available

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
iOS 4.3.1 released, fixes a few bugs -- Engadget

...fixing a handful of issues related to enterprise apps, AV-out, iPod touch graphics problems, and cellular network connections; not the most exciting changelog, but it's better than a slap across the face. As usual, the update is available for pretty much the full suite of iOS products -- iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch alike.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I'm still waiting for iOS 4.3 for my VZW iPhone, Apple. Hurry it up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
downloading as i type,

Reaction score
Thanks. I am also downloading while I type now. I am wondering if this was the cause of my recent problem on my iP4. It was after I had downloaded a new app 'wmv' and I started having problems with the display where everything was zoomed out so huge I could not even punch in my lock code to unlock my phone. I ended up rebooting my ip4 within iTunes back to new out of the box condition and reloading all my stuff on. Big pain in the butt.
Anyone know off hand if this app could cause this?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm still waiting for iOS 4.3 for my VZW iPhone, Apple. Hurry it up!

Yep, here too. We VZW iPhone owners are like red headed stepchildren, I suppose.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I wonder if this updates also fixes all the battery drain issues that 4.3 brought with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
not sure what the deal is but after downloading my 3gs has been running very choppy..and the girl friends iphone4 runs perfect..
i swear she gets the better end of the deal every time lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I got it on my ip4 and the screen hasn't been flashing and crashing all of my apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
not sure what the deal is but after downloading my 3gs has been running very choppy..and the girl friends iphone4 runs perfect..
i swear she gets the better end of the deal every time lol

I'm still not convinced that Apple isn't trying to phase out older phones to force an upgrade in this way. But whatever...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm still not convinced that Apple isn't trying to phase out older phones to force an upgrade in this way. But whatever...

Although that wouldn't surprise me, do keep in mind that the 3GS is still an active model, being sold by AT&T here in the US. I can't imagine Apple would deliberately make the model obsolete being that they're still selling them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Although that wouldn't surprise me, do keep in mind that the 3GS is still an active model, being sold by AT&T here in the US. I can't imagine Apple would deliberately make the model obsolete being that they're still selling them.

It does make sense from a logical prospective I agree, and while that is probably more than likely the case, I'm still not fully convinced. The way they've handling things on the iphone side in the last year has bothered me some, especially since I was on the end of a 3G until a couple months back. I'm not accusing anyone directly because I don't actually know for sure, but I have a sneaking suspicion more or less.

Drop support for my old phone, no problem there...but don't turn it into nothing more than a paperweight ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs, 1 MBP, 1 UMB, 1 mini
Drop support for my old phone, no problem there...but don't turn it into nothing more than a paperweight ;)

Agreed. I passed along my 3g to my son and I have wished many times that I had not progressed after 3.1.3. It may not have had the features, but it was a much more pleasant user experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The 3GS is even still being sold at the apple store too as well as AT&T as someone pointed out.
With that said mine is running like normal again after a quick reboot

Both phones are linked to my account and since I use both the 3GS and the 4 pretty much on an equal basis I can say from a browsing the Internet standpoint they are both just as fast as one another

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
What I have noticed so far with the update is that my iPhone doesn't seem to have problems connecting to the data network when I turn it off and on. Before the update there were many times that I either could not reconnect to the data network or it took a very long time.

Since I have the lowest data plan I always turn off my data when I don't need it so I can save my monthly data usage. This is much easier than checking every single app I have and making sure they are not using my data in the background.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.