Bought macbook need to transfer powerbook files

Reaction score
My powerbook broke a while back (just the motherboard), so I got a macbook today. I backed up some stuff, but I theres lots music that i do not want to rip again since that is a hassle. I would like to know how to remove the hard drive, which enclosure to buy, and the best way to get all my files onto my new leopard machine.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You should be able to find disassembly instructions on iFixIt.com. You didn't mention which model of Powerbook you have, otherwise I would have given you more specifics.

As far as the enclosure goes, you'll just need to worry about whether it has a SATA hard drive or a PATA hard drive. You can tell by the connector on the drive. If it's wide with 44 little pins, then it's PATA. If it's just a tiny little connector, it's SATA. Again, what your machine has will vary depending on which model of PB you have.

I have this enclosure for my MacBook Pro's old hard drive and it works quite well, but it's SATA only and not the most attractive.

OP
D
Reaction score
It is a powerbook g4 12" with 1.5 powerpc processor and 80 gb hard drive

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.