Can't Set Up Wireless Network in Windows (installed via Boot Camp)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4, 8GB iPhone, 80 GB iPod Video
I ran Boot Camp the other night, got windows all set up right. However, I'm having a hard time getting my wireless network all set up. For some reason, I'm not finding the wireless card on the MacBook. Does anyone have a good hint for me to help set up my network on Windows XP. Its Windows XP home, if that helps you out. Maybe I'm overlooking something at the same time. I have a Belkin wireless router that we run off of, do I need to run the software that came with that? All/any help is appreciated. Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sounds like it may be a missing driver. Windows XP should have no problem seeing your airport card. First off then, did you install the Windows drivers from your Leopard disk after setting up Boot Camp and installing XP?

The Leopard disk contains drivers for your video, sound, keyboard, mouse, iSight, and airport card. You can confirm whether or not the airport card is recognized and that a driver for it has been installed by opening the hardware tree. Control Panel -> System -> Hardware Devices.

Expand the tree and check to see if all your drivers are installed. You can tell if a device is not working as XP will place an exclamation mark (!) next to it. Post back and we can go from there. You should not need to install software for the Belkin router.

Regards.

OP
jlsmith83
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No I didn't even think about putting in my Leopard disk. What do I need to look for when I put the disk in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New Macbook w 4 GB RAM & 320 GB HD
If you just put the disk in, it'll detect Windows and ask you if you want to install the drivers...

At least that's how mine worked!

OP
jlsmith83
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Awesome, that'll make everything even easier. Thanks for the help! I'll get to it here in a bit once I finish my web work.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No I didn't even think about putting in my Leopard disk. What do I need to look for when I put the disk in?

:) Ever hear the saying "RTM"... READ THE MANUAL! Link Been there, done the same thing myself. Have fun.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.