Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
3234237582_9e2b86da18.jpg

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
nice one.

my constructive criticism... the composition is slightly weak. i wish it was either a much more strongly centered image, maybe even bringing the camera up slightly so the lines made by the chessboard were a stronger frame to the pawn. alternately, a more interesting, out of balance composition using thirds and maybe a diagonal line following the tops of the pieces.

OP
BlueMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nice one.

my constructive criticism... the composition is slightly weak. i wish it was either a much more strongly centered image, maybe even bringing the camera up slightly so the lines made by the chessboard were a stronger frame to the pawn. alternately, a more interesting, out of balance composition using thirds and maybe a diagonal line following the tops of the pieces.

Thanks for the criticism. What I just noticed and did not do on purpose is that the heights of the pieces go tall to short.

I did actually try an off balance composition, but couldn't get my camera to focus on the pawn correctly. Oh well.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
can you manual focus, or autofocus on the pawn, then move the frame (i do this with my point and shoot all the time)?

OP
BlueMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
can you manual focus, or autofocus on the pawn, then move the frame (i do this with my point and shoot all the time)?

Yea I can autofocus on the pawn, then move the camera after locking the focus. I can't get manual focus, though... I am thinking of getting a Canon Digital Rebel XS w/ 18-55mm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i saw this on your flickr. nice shot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
I love it. The biggest problem I have with some photographers is trying to be too technical. If it looks good, then all the rules and technicalities mean nothing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.