Battery or adapter

Reaction score
I'm having an issue that I'm not sure if is the battery or the adapter, first i have a macbook pro 13" early 2011, running lion, anyways what happens is sometimes when i plug in the battery charger, it won't charge unless i for lack of a better word, wiggle it,then the led light on the adapter turns on,took it to the apple store and i was given a new adapter,but is still doing it,I'm not sure what else to do here,is it the battery?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, not the battery. It's likely the connector itself. Take it back to the Apple store and show them what happens. If it is the connector, it will have to be replaced or they may just give you a new machine since yours is new.

OP
S
Reaction score
ok i will try that, i did take it back before and they just gave me a new adapter, i will try again to tell the geniuses at the apple store whats going on.

Thanks for your advice.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
ok i will try that, i did take it back before and they just gave me a new adapter, i will try again to tell the geniuses at the apple store whats going on.

Thanks for your advice.

Check to make sure the connections are clean as well. At the power adapter connection/plug...and the power "port" on the computer. I usually like to use an old dry tooth brush to lightly clean it.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.