Sharing Internet Mac-PC w/out Router

Reaction score
Hey guys.. Badly need help this time. I'm hoping to share the Internet connection that my PC has to my Mac mini. But the thing is, I don't have a router. I'm buying one, but the unit U have in mind is a little expensive still so I'm still saving for it.

I do, however, have two Network Interface Cards on this PC of mine. The first one is connected to my ADSL modem. If I were to connect the PC to the Mac through the second NIC (on my PC) and the built in ethernet port (on the Mac), could I somehow "send out" my Internet connection to the Mac? Make the PC sort of a gateway or something? What settings will I need to do with the 2nd LAN?

I'm attaching an image diagram to make easier to understand.

I hope someone could help point me to the right direction, or tell me now that this venture is in vain :D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yep. You can use a feature called Internet Connection Sharing. The procedure varies depending on the version you're using, but most of the work will be done on your Windows machine:

Internet Connection Sharing with Windows XP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.