Conundrum with Bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" and a 13" MacBook, both with OSX 10.6.5
I've got a bit of a sticky problem. It's my fault, but I'm hoping someone will have a suggestion that will help.

I brought my MacBook to my parents' house for the holidays. Along with it, I brought my Windows XP install CD, because I want to download and play a game while I'm here. It's a Steam game, only available for Windows. Unfortunately, I failed to remember that I would need my Snow Leopard DVD to install the BootCamp Windows software once Windows XP was installed. So, I have a working Windows installation now that I can't connect to the wireless here. Essentially, I've done all this for nothing. Unless...does anyone know of a way to get the BootCamp software installed without having the Snow Leopard DVD in my hands? I found the 3.1 update on the Apple download site, but it's only good if you already have 3.0 installed. ::sigh::

Any help? (I figured I'm screwed, but maybe someone out there has some magic.)
Thanks,
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
I've got a bit of a sticky problem. It's my fault, but I'm hoping someone will have a suggestion that will help.

I brought my MacBook to my parents' house for the holidays. Along with it, I brought my Windows XP install CD, because I want to download and play a game while I'm here. It's a Steam game, only available for Windows. Unfortunately, I failed to remember that I would need my Snow Leopard DVD to install the BootCamp Windows software once Windows XP was installed. So, I have a working Windows installation now that I can't connect to the wireless here. Essentially, I've done all this for nothing. Unless...does anyone know of a way to get the BootCamp software installed without having the Snow Leopard DVD in my hands? I found the 3.1 update on the Apple download site, but it's only good if you already have 3.0 installed. ::sigh::

Any help? (I figured I'm screwed, but maybe someone out there has some magic.)
Thanks,
Dave
Same thing happened to me. I didn't find anything online when I looked, so I just went out to Best Buy and got a SL install DVD for $29.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" and a 13" MacBook, both with OSX 10.6.5
Well, I knew I'd be back home soon enough. It wasn't worth spending more money on another copy of SL. Thanks anyway.

Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.