Leopard Protools Question

Reaction score
So I have leopard on my MBP, and Protools is not compatible with it at this time. I am beginning to do some recording with a multi track recorder and want to put it on my computer, but when I go to get it mixed the mixing engineer is going to be running pro tools, is there any program or any way to record on leopard and have the files be interchangeable with protools. I am going to be recording through a 16 channel aleisis mixer with a built in usb interface. Please help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
So I have leopard on my MBP, and Protools is not compatible with it at this time. I am beginning to do some recording with a multi track recorder and want to put it on my computer, but when I go to get it mixed the mixing engineer is going to be running pro tools, is there any program or any way to record on leopard and have the files be interchangeable with protools. I am going to be recording through a 16 channel aleisis mixer with a built in usb interface. Please help.

If you can find a program that will work, you can always bounce individual tracks out as wave files and import those into protools. It's a real pain, we've done the opposite at my studio for people that have recorded things but want us to mix down their stuff.

The hardest part is if you're using plugins. If you bounce the tracks out and you've added effects with plugins, they become part of the track and can't be changed.

That's why I haven't upgraded. I was all for it until I found out people were having troubles with incompatible drivers for recording interfaces.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz, White 80GB iPod 5th Generation
Pro Tools hasn't been compatible with Mac since the 10.4.10 update right? Or so I heard. Hmmmm

Reaction score
I talked to a Digidesign Sales Rep. and He told me it would be compatible in about 4-6 weeks, however this was about 4 weeks ago. so lets just keep our fingers crossed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.