safari problems on leopard

Reaction score
recently i have started to have my first issues with my new imac. when clicking on the safari icon there is a definite time lag to get to the default home page and i get the coloured circle, when i enter an item in the search box after the first couple of letters i get another time lag and the coloured circle. 50% of the time safari kicks into action with no further problems, and 50% of the time i get 'safari quit unexpectedly'. does anyone know what the problem is and how to resolve it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
Have you recently updated Safari. I read this earlier.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Have you recently updated Safari. I read this earlier.

Thanks for the link. I updated this without thinking...oh well. I don't use safari almost at all anyways.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
Safari IMO is the lamest attempt at software Apple has ever done. I've used it about 3-4 times, always slow and buggy.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Safari IMO is the lamest attempt at software Apple has ever done. I've used it about 3-4 times, always slow and buggy.

I think it's alright on a Mac. The crappy part was porting it for Windows. >_>" The only reason why I use safari is to please the people that use Safari when I design websites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.8 core 2 Duo
Thank you-thank you-thank you!

I am a total newb to mac-forums (less than 24 hours) and this post alone will make it completely worth it. As I was reading this, my software update dock icon started bouncing! Guess what? It had Safari 3.2 in it!

I casually unchecked the Safari update and will proceed with the rest.

Thanks a million!

Incidentally, IMO those folks not-to-hot on Safari are spot on. I am always amazed at MacWorld and others for giving it great reviews. If I had to rank it among the top 5 most popular browsers, it'd be ranked 6th. Slow, featureless, and now unstable - what more could we ask for?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.