What to do with DMG files? I'm confused.

Reaction score
Hey I'm a complete noob to Mac, I just got Mac OS X for Christmas and I am trying to install Fire Fox, I downloaded the file, it was in dmg format, which I was expecting. However, i don't know what to do with it, the only thing I've been able to do is mount it, and run Fire Fox from the mounted file, but I want to actually install it, how do I do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, Double-layer SuperDrive
Hey I'm a complete noob to Mac, I just got Mac OS X for Christmas and I am trying to install Fire Fox, I downloaded the file, it was in dmg format, which I was expecting. However, i don't know what to do with it, the only thing I've been able to do is mount it, and run Fire Fox from the mounted file, but I want to actually install it, how do I do that?

tynen, you will want to double click the .dmg file to mount it. Once you have done that, you want to drag the Firefox icon from the mounted file to your applications folder in finder. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
please do not keep 2 threads active, post in the other thread linked above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.