Edit tool

Reaction score
I hope this is an easy fix that is simple to take care of. In Safari I no longer have the ability to use my edit tools. Where do I go to turn them back on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Whoops AnnThen you cross posted :(

When you say you can't use them do you mean that all options are greyed out or just some of them ? They don't all come into play until you type something within or click the mouse over some content.

OP
A
Reaction score
Sorry about that... They are all greyed out and using keyboard shortcuts do not work. Could there be a setting for certain webpages... It's happening in my internet shop. Thanks for trying to help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry about that... They are all greyed out and using keyboard shortcuts do not work. Could there be a setting for certain webpages... It's happening in my internet shop. Thanks for trying to help.

Sometime some sites just don't like Safari.

What I would try is to reset Safari from the Safari/Reset Safari option on the menu bar and see if that helps, also run Repair Disk Permissions from Disk Utility in the Applications folder on your Mac.

Lots of members also use Chrome as a browser if they come across anomalies with favourite sites.

OP
A
Reaction score
Got it... I reset Safari and poof it's all back. Thank you so much... really appreciate this.

Ann

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Got it... I reset Safari and poof it's all back. Thank you so much... really appreciate this.

Ann

Great news Ann, thanks for letting us know.

Liam

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.