soon to be a mbp user, little persuasion needed!

Reaction score
Hello from England! I have a couple of questions I need to ask..

I shall be ordering a macbook when I return from France in the new years..
I really need one as I am going to Canada for 3 months, but could do with one anyway..

Im interested in the mbp 2.53.. As its a decent price with uni discount.

Would there be much difference in the lower spec'ed ones? Considering.....

I will just be using it for general internet use and photoshop ?

Any help would be appreciated?!

thanks

Rich

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz Core 2 Duo MacBook Aluminum, 4gb DDR3 Ram, 250 GB Hard Drive
if you are using it for college, then I would personally get the macbook because of the portability.

Its can be speced pretty close to the MBP, minus the slight difference in processor speed for less then the MBP.

The only downside is the lower memory card and the difference in screen size, but the smaller the screen, the more portable the laptop is

good luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G4 Dual 1Ghz 1.5GB RAM 160GB HDD 10.5 Leopard
The only downside is the lower memory card and the difference in screen size, but the smaller the screen, the more portable the laptop is

To be clear I believe he's referring to the lower video RAM on the graphics card.

Otherwise, I would fully agree with him. Go for the Macbook, you'll run Photoshop just fine, and you'll love the portability.

However, obviously if you really need the fastest PS performance the MBP would perform faster with the faster processor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz Core 2 Duo MacBook Aluminum, 4gb DDR3 Ram, 250 GB Hard Drive
To be clear I believe he's referring to the lower video RAM on the graphics card.

Otherwise, I would fully agree with him. Go for the Macbook, you'll run Photoshop just fine, and you'll love the portability.

However, obviously if you really need the fastest PS performance the MBP would perform faster with the faster processor.

that what I meant

Sorry, Im not much of a computer guy O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
Well if you can afford the MPB I would say go for it! its an excellent machine, but so are the macbooks.

OP
R
Reaction score
Hello! Got back from france this morning and ordered the bottom spec mbp but upgraded the memory to 4GB and the hardrive to 7200rpm, delivery is estimated on the 20th January. My flight to Vancouver is on the 24th, so fingers crossed it arrives on time!!!

Bit nervous on not having chosen the middle pro as I am worried about the graphics.. There really much in the two? 256mb and 512mb??

Thanks

Rich

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 2.4 Aluminum, iBook G4, PowerBook G4, iMac G5
If you're primarily using it for internet and photoshop (assume you might do some productivity work at school, too), then i can't imagine you would push the graphics capabilities. If you were going to do some high-end gaming or a lot of graphics-intensive stuff, then you would probably notice a difference.

Just my opinion, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.