Overclocking

Reaction score
Is there a way to overclock the Windows partition in Boot Camp? I've searched for awhile and can't find anything. I'm using a late 2006 iMac Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz with 3GB ram.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
do you mean resize the partition

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I doubt if there are any jumpers you can fiddle with, but I don't know.

Last time I overclocked a mac was 1994, it involved some micro soldering and bumped my 25 mhz processor to a dizzying 33 Mhz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Doesn't sound like a good idea at all if possible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM 500GB OWC Mercury Elite Pro external HD 80GB iPod Classic
I don't know if it is possible. Most video card overclocking is done through driver software these days. Not sure if there are Mac drivers capable of overclocking. If there were, I am not sure if an IMac would be a good canidate for overclocking. Generally when you overclock a graphics card, the GPU temps rise. The IMac does not look as if it has the best airflow to be able to cool those higher temps.

Reaction score
Is there a way to overclock the Windows partition in Boot Camp? I've searched for awhile and can't find anything. I'm using a late 2006 iMac Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz with 3GB ram.

Hi

I have overclocked all off my Mac computers.

Last the Mac mini from 1.33 to 1.67.

The only way to overclock an Intel-mac is cpu swap.

Tony

Cognitive AB, Stelvio Bokföring Lön Ekonomi för Macintosh
http://www.ct.se/

Reaction score
iMac 2007 CPU swap

can you swap the intel duocore 2 2.0Ghz CPU for a faster one? Is it a socketted one or soldered in making it not changeable.

Earlier intel macminis are capable of being upgraded with faster CPUs from Intel single core 1.5Ghz to a 2.33Ghz duo core 2 CPU, can it be done with a iMac?

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
The older white core duo iMacs had a socketed CPU. I don't know about the Aluminum iMacs though.

Reaction score
IMHO why bother. If you want to tinker with clock speeds and graphics for windows just buy a PC. I understand the need to have windows around as I myself have a couple of custom programs that will only run on windows. But really if you're interested in improving a Mac to run Windows just buy a PC.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
The older white core duo iMacs had a socketed CPU. I don't know about the Aluminum iMacs though.

I think the newer iMacs are also socketed but there is a sticker attached saying if you remove warranty will be void.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.