Leopard 10.5.2 crashing

Reaction score
HI,

did anyone experience any crashing with 10.5.2 i have experienced it almost 5 times now and sometimes i lost work, it totally crashes my Mbpro and i have to press the button in order to restart it

any feedback?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Spotlight the Application "Disk Utility" and open it. Highlight your Macintosh HD in the left sidebar, and click the "Repair Disk Permissions" button. It should take several minutes. See if that helps.

OP
P
Reaction score
i did that but still had the crashes, i also tried to verify disk but when i did that the system crashed while doing it !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
You may have something installed that the system doesn't like. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps.

First off, unplug EVERYTHING (including cell phones, iPods... everything!) from your computer except a standard keyboard and mouse. Reboot and see if you continue to have trouble. If you don't have any more trouble, then the problem has something to do with something that was connected.

If you continue to have trouble, then create a new user and log into that user. If you have no trouble with the new user, then something is rotten in your regular user's Library. If you continue to have trouble, then likely something is rotten in the root Library. Try these steps first and let us know how it works out.

OP
P
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions

when i do repair permissions i get

"ACL found but not expected in library" is this something normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If things are still crashing, I would recommend an Archive and Install. It sounds as if something is corrupt or misplaced. And with the hiearchy of OSX, it would be hard to isolate.

Rather than going through the trouble of an Archive and Install, it's actually far simpler to just backup the User Library (if the problem can be isolated to there), or the root Library (if the problem is not isolated to the User), then delete or rename the original Library. OS X will just recreate a fresh, virgin, untouched Library and all should work as if you had freshly installed OS X, except all the patches and updates are already there. Once done, just pull out the important stuff from the Library backups, like Safari's bookmarks for example.

The problem with an Archive and Install is that if you migrate the user back, you likely will migrate back in the original problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
thanks for the suggestions

when i do repair permissions i get

"ACL found but not expected in library" is this something normal?
Just to update, according to Apple, "this is accurate, but not a cause for concern and can be ignored".
I'd post the link, but I have my newborn on me sleeping. :) Gotta love the iPhone!

jah

Reaction score
mine (10.5.2 mapbook pro) locks up at least a few times a week to the point i need to un do the battery.

this reminds me of some sort of other low performance os out there.

this is my first mac product and my discovery apple products have a level of hype they is not supportable. :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mine (10.5.2 mapbook pro) locks up at least a few times a week to the point i need to un do the battery.

this reminds me of some sort of other low performance os out there.

this is my first mac product and my discovery apple products have a level of hype they is not supportable. :eek:

Have you at least called Apple about it? So long as you complain to yourself about it crashing and not seek out the reason WHY it is crashing or get help sorting it out, it's going to keep crashing and keep ticking you off. No one to blame but yourself on that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Perhaps installing the 10.5.2 Combo Update would do some good here. Just a guess, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.