Photo of the week April 22-28th

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Glad these are kind of popular, I enjoy this stuff:

• Each member can post one photo in this thread, new threads weekly.
  • The photo needs to be taken in the week covered in the thread title.
  • The photo cannot be larger than 800x600.
  • Please include the camera you took the picture with and the date of the picture in the description.
  • This thread is about sharing your photo not discussing technique, opinions of what is art, or to make disparaging comments on someone's picture. If you would like to discuss those things, please start a new thread.
  • Any photographs taken from April 22th through the 28st can go here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
This is from a nearby park called Frank Bonelli. California wild flowers.
HP R927 camera.

FrankBonelli.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Taken April 22, 2007 at Heartland Park, Topeka at the Porsche club races. Shot using a Canon Rebel XT with an L-series 70-200mm, 1:4 lens.

mg5031wq8.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Was just shooting randomly last night before it started to rain. I liked this one.

The grain really adds to it. It was shot at 3200 iso if you can't already tell :). I have to fix the flare in the bottom left...I may get around to it one day, but probably not.

edit: It would be nice if there was a picture to look at, right?
471180739_9e78304242_o.jpg

OP
Odin_aa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Good looking shots, Rones must be on photobucket its not showing up for me and my employer has blocked that site :radioacti

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Good looking shots, Rones must be on photobucket its not showing up for me and my employer has blocked that site :radioacti

I rehosted it with imageshack, so hopefully it will show up for you now.

OP
Odin_aa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am at home now so it shows up anyway. I need to find a new host myself, tired of not being able to 'share' photos while at work or with co-workers.

Good looking shot, looks like it could have used a slightly quicker shutter speed though those cars must have been cruising pretty fast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Was just shooting randomly last night before it started to rain. I liked this one.

The grain really adds to it. It was shot at 3200 iso if you can't already tell :). I have to fix the flare in the bottom left...I may get around to it one day, but probably not.

edit: It would be nice if there was a picture to look at, right?
471180739_9e78304242_o.jpg

With some photos, I enjoy them better when I squint my eyes and look at them. This is a trick graphic artists use to see what really matters in an image. In this case, I like the shapes the gold reflections of the pole and wires create.

OP
Odin_aa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have been shooting a lot of film lately and have no scanner worth a darn (edited to remove the ** must have typed a bad word) so ordered one today....this is one of 5 digital shots taken this week, nothing special.

I was showing the baby the pretty flowers, she was showing me what she thought of them.

_D206543-1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have been shooting a lot of film lately and have no scanner worth a ** so ordered one today....this is one of 5 digital shots taken this week, nothing special.

I was showing the baby the pretty flowers, she was showing me what she thought of them.

_D206543-1.jpg

You call that "nothing special?"
She is precious just for being a baby. And, it is a great character photo. The colors are great and I always like rocks in any photo, I think it is the texture. It adds to the character how her jacket is kind a falling. And, it is nice to have photos where the person is not looking at you. This photo may also go with the Candid photos thread that was just added.

M

MacHeadCase

This Sunday we went for a stroll in Parc Mont Saint-Bruno.

I was a bit rusty as I didn't take any pictures this past winter and I was a little disappointed to see so little birds in the park. We thought it might have to do with the trees being quite bare and offering little cover for the small birds...

Anyway, here's a very territorial chickadee. Hope you like it. :girl:

Territorial_chickadee.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love the chickadee and the photo close up. We are bird watchers and birds always make a nice subject for photos.
And, I checked out the link and I found some more places for my cousins to take me to see. The pressure is on them...

Reaction score
Nice pictures. I recently replanted a cherry tree in my back yard and when I was outside this morning watering it a BEAUTIFUL hummingbird flew down to drink... I'm going to set up my D80 on a tripod tomorrow morning and then water the tree and see if he comes back. I'll post it if I get the shot!

M

MacHeadCase

I love the chickadee and the photo close up. We are bird watchers and birds always make a nice subject for photos.
And, I checked out the link and I found some more places for my cousins to take me to see. The pressure is on them...

TeeHee. It's a small park but quite close to Montreal. There are a lot nicer ones. Your cousin lives close to the Bas Saint-Laurent. Ask him to take you for a trek in the Bic. Not too far from where he lives, maybe a 3 hour drive or maybe even less.

M

MacHeadCase

Nice pictures. I recently replanted a cherry tree in my back yard and when I was outside this morning watering it a BEAUTIFUL hummingbird flew down to drink... I'm going to set up my D80 on a tripod tomorrow morning and then water the tree and see if he comes back. I'll post it if I get the shot!

Excellent, GVS. Will be on the look out for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
Liamonas, just checked out your dA page and you got some amazing work. Truely great looking photos. I added you to my watch list on there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Sunrise. Photo was taken yesterday with a Nikon D70s.

sunrise.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
This Sunday we went for a stroll in Parc Mont Saint-Bruno.

I was a bit rusty as I didn't take any pictures this past winter and I was a little disappointed to see so little birds in the park. We thought it might have to do with the trees being quite bare and offering little cover for the small birds...

Anyway, here's a very territorial chickadee. Hope you like it. :girl:

Territorial_chickadee.jpg

Great shot MHC....looks familiar;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.