Help with LittleSnitch application..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.0GHz Intel C2D 2GB RAM 120GB Hard Drive
Im using littlesnitch and it comes in handy, but how do I allow some application, such as adium, to accesse the internet with out having little snitch asking for permission for everything? I always choose the option to "allow forever" but I keep getting asked for permission...

Reaction score
Im using littlesnitch and it comes in handy, but how do I allow some application, such as adium, to accesse the internet with out having little snitch asking for permission for everything? I always choose the option to "allow forever" but I keep getting asked for permission...

Whenever Adium attempts to connect to the Internet, Little Snitch will alert you and ask you what it should do. In telling it what to do, you are also defining the rule for the program. You can basically allow or deny a program to send information over the Internet, and the time options are: once, until the respective application quits, and forever. Additionally, you must also choose a condition, which can be: same port, same server, same server and same port, or any network connection.

This link should help you create a rule for the apps you want to allow through everytime they are launched:

http://www.nonstopmac.com/2006/05/review_little_snitch_122_acts.htm

You will need Administrator privileges.

OP
locoender
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.0GHz Intel C2D 2GB RAM 120GB Hard Drive
Thanks!! I feel kind of stupid though, it was all in system preferences...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.