having a few Mail problems...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16ghz, 2gigram, 320HDD 7200rpm, dual-boot with XP.
I just setup my mom's aol account on the nice new family macbook pro :) .
However it seems as if Mail doesn't support all the folders that AOL's web interface for mail had. On AOL's mail page there was a recently deleted folder. So I told my mom since mac Mail doesnt support that folder anything you delete you will not be able to get back. She didnt like that.

Does anyone else find that weird that Mail doesn't have a recently deleted folder? I've looked in the trash and there is never anything in there. Do iI have to set something up? I have an AOL account and my school account setup in mail and if I delete anything on accident there is no way to get it back?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Core 2.66, ATI 1900, 5 GB RAM, 750 GB Storage
You can tell it not to empty the deleted items folder automatically. There is a deleted folder, not sure why you don't see it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I use aol and have the same thing. I don't typically go into the recently deleted mail folder so when I need to I just log on to aol mail via web browser. I also use the web browser to set up different folders under saved emails. Then the mail app downloads the folder and I can use mail app to moved emails into those folders.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16ghz, 2gigram, 320HDD 7200rpm, dual-boot with XP.
You can tell it not to empty the deleted items folder automatically. There is a deleted folder, not sure why you don't see it.

Those are all my mail folders I have for all three accounts. The trash folder has never been used. I dont see a deleted folder

mail folders.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
Your "deleted" folder is your Trash. If you go into Mail Preferences and go to Accounts -- Select the account and then click on Mailbox Behaviors.
Picture2-5.png

Down at the bottom, click on the last pull down menu and select how often you'd like Mail to delete your Trashed messages. If you want the messages to stay in the Trash folder, select "Never."
Picture3-3.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.