• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

how do I create a DVD-Video with data files?

Reaction score
Hi all, if anyone has the answer It would be much appreciated. I have an image(iso) of a video dvd I wish to burn, but on the same DVD I need to add some folders with content accessible on a PC/mac. Is this possible ?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Perhaps you could try copying the iso content to a folder and then copying your other content to the same location, then use Toast to create a DVD. I'm not sure this would work but that you'd need a application like Toast to pull it off.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks, I do have toast but havn't tried it with that, I did however try this method on a PC with Nero. Selecting data DVD from the templates and then Copying the dvd video/audio folders to the disc along with the files I wanted to add, however before I hit burn it came up with a warning message saying dvd files would not play unless I selected the DVD video template. ( a template which doesnt have the freedom to add files).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I think you need two separate DVDs there TBH.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Thanks, I do have toast but havn't tried it with that, I did however try this method on a PC with Nero. Selecting data DVD from the templates and then Copying the dvd video/audio folders to the disc along with the files I wanted to add, however before I hit burn it came up with a warning message saying dvd files would not play unless I selected the DVD video template. ( a template which doesnt have the freedom to add files).

Rather than assume Toast has the same limit of Nero, try it. You can create disc image and not even waste a disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
I've done this before, but this is by memory, so I hope it works for you.
I think I used the latest version of Toast.

Mount the ISO with Disk Utility.
Open Toast
Select Video-TS.
Select Create Disc
You can drag the Video TS folder from your ISO to the disc.

Add another folder in which you wish to add your additional content.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.