iPod Touch vs bluetooth and speakers

Reaction score
Random thoughts on the iPod Touch without bluetooth and speakers, while driving to work this morning:

At first the missing bluetooth didn't really bother me since I doubt I'd want to spend the money for a good pair of bluetooth stereo earphones. Then I started wondering if Apple kept it out to keep the cost down.

But now I'm wondering if they left it out so users can't connect their Touch to their cell phone and its data plan, which would make the Touch even closer to being an iPhone without AT&T.

It's the missing internal speakers that sorta has me flummoxed. Seems like it wouldn't add much to the cost and make it much more useful, to me anyway. Or maybe it was a way to drive more distinction between the Touch and iPhone.

Hmm, just wondering :Smirk:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Help to understand here. Does any of the existing iPods have bluetooth or even stereo bluetooth? Does any of the existing iPods have internal speakers (s)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I really wish Apple could include BT so "wireless" headphones could be used with iPods. I really don't understand why this isn't more widely used. If I could listen to my iPod in my bag rather than wearing it somewhere on me or getting tangled up in cords, I would be so happy.

Some of the pics of the Touch on Apple's website did show a bluetooth symbol on the screen. Gizmodo picked up on it. Apple denies having bluetooth on it, but maybe it's something they're planning very soon. Otherwise, why would they mistakenly put a BT symbol there when none of Apple's portable products have ever had it to begin with?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I really wish Apple could include BT so "wireless" headphones could be used with iPods. I really don't understand why this isn't more widely used. If I could listen to my iPod in my bag rather than wearing it somewhere on me or getting tangled up in cords, I would be so happy.

Some of the pics of the Touch on Apple's website did show a bluetooth symbol on the screen. Gizmodo picked up on it. Apple denies having bluetooth on it, but maybe it's something they're planning very soon. Otherwise, why would they mistakenly put a BT symbol there when none of Apple's portable products have ever had it to begin with?

Maybe they photoshopped an iPhone screen? I wouldn't mind BT if it didn't add to the cost, mostly for synching purposes. Never used BT headphones myself. Are there any that sound really good?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Help to understand here. Does any of the existing iPods have bluetooth or even stereo bluetooth? Does any of the existing iPods have internal speakers (s)?

They all do, how else would they make the clicking sound? ;P

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
They all do, how else would they make the clicking sound? ;P
Interesting, the one I had did not make a sound at all. Maybe I did not have it long enough to find out since, my daughter took it from me.

Reaction score
I was thinking about this lack of BT... Does apple make a current wi-fi card that is just wi-fi and not a combo of wi-fi BT? My guess is to save money they would use the same chip the iphone uses and they have BT locked away on the touch. Only time will tell before someone breaks one open.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.