Domain Name For Web Site

Reaction score
I've begun building a web site using Apperture and .mac to publish it. I was wondering if anyone knows how to publish a web page (built using .mac) and assigning your own domain name rather than the one they give you?

Reaction score
The .mac hosting service doesn't allow for registering Nameservers, that is, you can't directly assign a domain with .Mac.
You would need a different hosting plan that supports Domain forwarding. This will let you use a different domain and get all people who go there forwarded to your .mac homepage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You can build a website with Appeture? I did not know that.

Reaction score
You can get into your iDisk where all the webpage files are, then just copy them to the server you want to use.

OP
T
Reaction score
The .mac hosting service doesn't allow for registering Nameservers, that is, you can't directly assign a domain with .Mac.
You would need a different hosting plan that supports Domain forwarding. This will let you use a different domain and get all people who go there forwarded to your .mac homepage.

So if I purchase a domain name somewhere, I should make sure that they support domain forwarding and I'll be able to create my site using .mac while using my own domain name?

Reaction score
So if I purchase a domain name somewhere, I should make sure that they support domain forwarding and I'll be able to create my site using .mac while using my own domain name?

How are you making your website using .Mac exactly? I assumed you were using Aperture to make it, then using .Mac to host it. You can take the files hosted on your .Mac account and move them to any host.

OP
T
Reaction score
How are you making your website using .Mac exactly? I assumed you were using Aperture to make it, then using .Mac to host it. You can take the files hosted on your .Mac account and move them to any host.

You are correct I am using Aperture to make it, then using .Mac to host it. I like this system because it is nice and simple for me. I would like to continue doing it this way-but using my own domain name and not the horribly long one that .mac uses.

Reaction score
I don't have Apeture, but I assume they have a 'Publish to folder' option somewhere. You would just take that then drag it over to your new host that you'll connect to through FTP.

Reaction score
I know this is old... But you never know...

I purchased a domain name from www.godaddy.com. I create my templates and webpages with iweb. My site is www.pictureme2.com and my email address is [email protected]. Mac is the hosting site and the domain I paid for $ 8 for 1 year. .Mac cost me $74 bucks yearly. So, when you call godaddy, they would make sure the link is right. When you setup your .mac account (you might have to read about ), link it to your new godaddy.com website name.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.