Spilled water on iPod Touch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I spilled a cup of water on my beloved iPod Touch! I let it sit for three days, and let all the water evaporate, then tried to turn it on. Nothing.
I plugged it into the wall. Yay! The battery is charging! The battery meter said it was fully charged. One hour later, I got the 10% battery remaining warning, recharged it, same thing. The freakin' battery only lasts an hour now!!

How much would a battery replacement be? I still have warranty but I assume that the water spillage voided that.

Please help me! :'( :'( !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
Aren't you the one who sent it to apple and they said there was nothing wrong with it...I think you might have to be a little more careful with that touch...so far your luck hasnt been to great with it, but dont know prices sorry...hope u have some better luck...:)

OP
MacBookMe!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Aren't you the one who sent it to apple and they said there was nothing wrong with it...I think you might have to be a little more careful with that touch...so far your luck hasnt been to great with it, but dont know prices sorry...hope u have some better luck...:)

Yes, here's what happened:

-Spilled water on touch
-Sent it in for battery replacement, hoping they wouldn't find the water :D
-Came back unrepaired, read the enclosed note, it said they found no problem with the battery.
-I read it again, realised there was a small checkmark next to something about water damage, and needing to pay a fee to fix the battery, and I should call Apple tech support, but my phone has a HUGE problem with static right now so I can't call them just yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.